Dropping Maths (1 Viewer)

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
The head-teacher of maff at my school is completely incompetent.

How can I overthrow her, and convince her to let me drop the Mathematics component of 4U maths? I'm ranked first in MX2 (clearly I'm not going to drop it), and my Maths/MX1 teacher is in favour of me dropping the maths component.

What are the official guidelines and whatnot? Will she shit it if I call BoS in front of her?

(I go to a public school)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
The head-teacher of maff at my school is completely incompetent.

How can I overthrow her, and convince her to let me drop the Mathematics component of 4U maths? I'm ranked first in MX2 (clearly I'm not going to drop it), and my Maths/MX1 teacher is in favour of me dropping the maths component.

What are the official guidelines and whatnot? Will she shit it if I call BoS in front of her?

(I go to a public school)
Are you talking about the 2 unit maths stuff?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes drop it. Waste of time.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

hecticated

HSC
i dont understand what you mean by "drop the Mathematics component of 4U maths" ?? like what are you dropping?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Do you mean dropping the exams, or dropping all 2U classes as well? You have to go to the classes, but I don't think you're under any obligation to sit the exams.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you mean dropping the exams, or dropping all 2U classes as well? You have to go to the classes, but I don't think you're under any obligation to sit the exams.
Cheers, yeah I have been going to class. It is estimated that we will finish all 2U content in 2 weeks, and my 2U/3U teacher has said she doesn't expect us to turn up to 2U lessons afterwards. But the head teacher wants us 4U students to continue to go to class and sit exams up until and including trials.

Is there something from the BoS that says im under no obligation to sit the exams?

iStudent

HSC
How do you "drop" maths? I thought 2u doesn't count anyways?
Unless you're only worried about doing a few more exams, lol

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Cheers, yeah I have been going to class. It is estimated that we will finish all 2U content in 2 weeks, and my 2U/3U teacher has said she doesn't expect us to turn up to 2U lessons afterwards. But the head teacher wants us 4U students to continue to go to class and sit exams up until and including trials.

Is there something from the BoS that says im under no obligation to sit the exams?
Perhaps have your teacher intercede with the head?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
She tried, got overruled.
Man, your head sounds like a douche. Just walk out of exams as early as possible, or check with your teacher to see if you would fail (I don't think you would) if you didn't turn up at all since it sounds like your teacher doesn't want you sitting the exams either. Since you're not officially enrolled in 2U, I don't think they can fail you, but I'm not sure and I don't want you to fail the HSC because of my bad advice hah.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Man, your head sounds like a douche. Just walk out of exams as early as possible, or check with your teacher to see if you would fail (I don't think you would) if you didn't turn up at all since it sounds like your teacher doesn't want you sitting the exams either. Since you're not officially enrolled in 2U, I don't think they can fail you, but I'm not sure and I don't want you to fail the HSC because of my bad advice hah.
Hahaha that is solid advice,

My mate and I were spitballing ideas as to what we would do, if we did sit the exams.

We considered writing our own question, drawing a huge 3D penis on an axis, and using 4U volume techniques calculate the volume.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Just drop 2u completely and don't bother with it. I do 4u and I didn't need to attend a single 2u maths class and even sit for their exams at all since the start of this year.
I'd like to drop 2u, but read op.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
fyi. i went to all my 2u classes. but i stopped doing assessments after the very first one, which was pretty much as a safety net incase we bombed 4u and were going to drop it

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Ask your maths teacher to let you be exempt from 2U classes.

If they are for you dropping, then they will definitely be willing to sign a form to let you have the study periods and what not.

And if not, you can tell her that no matter what you are keeping 4U, and that your 2U teacher agrees to go ahead with it.

If not, ask the principal what you can do. Usually the principal would be willing to talk to the teacher and ask why they won't let you drop (if you have a good principal that is).

integral95

HSC
Hahaha that is solid advice,

My mate and I were spitballing ideas as to what we would do, if we did sit the exams.

We considered writing our own question, drawing a huge 3D penis on an axis, and using 4U volume techniques calculate the volume.
Hahaa i remember attempting to use cylindrical shells in one of my 2U test for the lolz last year cos i had heaps of spare time.

Yeah i get how you would feel in a 2U class, just try and do some of your own work instead of listening i dunno

seanieg89

HSC
Just go to the classes and do other work in them. You will kill the exams without even taking them seriously so who cares? My school made me do 2U up till trials although it was fairly clear I wasn't going to drop 4U.

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
If the teachers are that persistent in not letting you drop, then just attend the class but do your own work without listening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)