Drugs kill daughter, parents blame unscrupulous people for taking advantage of her (1 Viewer)

Russdog

russell
HSC
Re: Drugs kill daughter, parents blame unscrupulous people for taking advantage of he

jezzmo said:
You think the same as your enemy.
what

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Re: Drugs kill daughter, parents blame unscrupulous people for taking advantage of he

Russdog said:
ecstasy's just a party drug. i'm not totally against the drug itself, i've used it plenty of times, but it's honestly a waste of time even thinking about the legalisation of it. it's just some chemical that makes you retardedly, overwhelmingly, unjustifiably happy for a short amount of time. which achieves nothing, for anybody, or any group of people, ie society.
Don't you think a lot of people would say exactly the same things about marijuana?
Your perception of it as purely a party thing is totally subjective. To others, they will view it as just as essential and just as spiritual as you perceive marijuana to be. Frankly, plenty of people i.e. abos, use marijuana as a drug just to get trashed and feel good for a while. And that's fine, and it should be up to the individual if they choose to do such things.

What you're denying people is the freedom to make this distinction for themselves, based on your subjective ideas of worth and your personal use and experience of MDMA.

Russdog

russell
HSC

Graney said:
Don't you think a lot of people would say exactly the same things about marijuana?
Your perception of it as purely a party thing is totally subjective. To others, they will view it as just as essential and just as spiritual as you perceive marijuana to be. Frankly, plenty of people i.e. abos, use marijuana as a drug just to get trashed and feel good for a while. And that's fine, and it should be up to the individual if they choose to do such things.

What you're denying people is the freedom to make this distinction for themselves, based on your subjective ideas of worth and your personal use and experience of MDMA.
i hereby apologise for denying the people of the freeworld their freedom.

sorry guise.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Ecstacy was banned before there was ever any real research into it, and they still refuse to conduct research into it.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

John Oliver said:
I think your stance is irrelevant given that the source you posted stated that her death was not directly caused by the ecstacy but that she was a tard that didn't know what she was doing.
Fair call.

The article is irrelevant in arguing the dangers of the drug, due to the findings from the report. The coroner's recommendations on greater advice on safety in taking the drug are to be applauded.

I guess I really mentioned Anna Wood's case for the fact that I remember it as being a catalyst for forming [current?] public opinion, which is what my initial comments were focusing on.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

Russdog said:
i hereby apologise for denying the people of the freeworld their freedom.

sorry guise.
Don't be facetious.

I'm addressing your ideas, mindset, the collective fascist evil to which your consciousness is beholden, whatever.

blue_chameleon

HSC

Riet said:
Ecstacy was banned before there was ever any real research into it, and they still refuse to conduct research into it.
Please list known benefits to broader society.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

blue_chameleon said:
Yeah dude, ecstasy causes water retention in the body and the brain.
What a load of rubbish. Ecstasy causes the body's internal thermostat to heat the body too much, which makes the person drink water to cool down. Some people are really foolish about this and drink so much they either die due to water intoxication, or die due to salt loss (they pissed out all their salts).

Ecstasy is a pretty harmless drug (compared to cocaine, meth, heroin, etc - it's about as dangerous and as addictive as alcohol), but the way people use it is ridiculous. It's main mode of damage is heat death, yet people take it and then go fucking clubbing (heats the body up) and mix it with alcohol (fucks with your body temperature on top of ecstasy).

The three main ways people die on ecstasy (and again I point out ecstasy deaths are very rare, almost always involving multiple tabs):
1) salt loss due to excess urination
2) water intoxication
3) heat death
4) dehydration

You can significantly reduce the heat damage done to your cells (to zero) by lowering your core body. So, um, take ecstasy in Iceland or something. You can also ensure you don't die by only taking one tab, not dancing much or at all, not mixing it with alcohol, and having a mouthful of water every 15 minutes. Eating something wouldn't be a bad idea.

Would she have died drinking the same amount of water she had, if she hadn't taken the pill?
Yes. It's called water intoxication.

I don't like ecstasy from personal experience (doesn't feel especially fun), but you're an absolute fool if you think it's more dangerous than alcohol.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

It makes people happy, what's wrong with that?

blue_chameleon

HSC

John_Oliver said:
All reasonable benefits, imo. At least it's not just "because it makes people happy". :rolleyes:

Graney said:
Strong evidence of health benefits in psychotherapy.

Methylenedioxymethamphetamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Strong, but not strong enough. *Further research needed before confirmation as acceptable benefits (as stated in article).

Trefoil said:
Um yeah, what part of my comment were you disputing exactly?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

blue_chameleon said:
Um yeah, what part of my comment were you disputing exactly?
You were claiming that the ecstasy caused her death; that's rubbish. She drank too much water. People do that even when drunk with no other drugs. Heck, some are even stupid enough to do it sober.

Ecstasy doesn't magically make you absorb more water, it's just liable to make you thirsty, like alcohol.

blue_chameleon said:
All reasonable benefits, imo. At least it's not just "because it makes people happy". :rolleyes:
So we should ban things that make people happy unless they also have an unrelated industrial use?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

Riet said:
It makes people happy, what's wrong with that?
It distracts from mindfullness of god.

Real reason it's illegal.

Russdog

russell
HSC

jezzmo said:
The justifications used then are different to the justifications used now. As hideous as I agree the ~1930 legislation push was, those factors are useless in a legalisation argument now (except for hemp, which is already on the verge of legalisation and should be treated in a different court).

This is where I think you are substituting your enemy's argument for your own and changing only the subject.

Weed is just a couch drug. Im not against the drug, I've used it plenty of times but I think it's a waste of time even thinking about legalising it. It's just a bunch of active chemicals that make you retarded, slow, unresponsive and unmotivated for a short amount of time and often effects your higher-cognitive functioning for a few days afterwards. It makes people become detached from their lives and other people. It achieves nothing, for anybody, but a slow giggle and a munchie response. The argument for ecstacy is just totally on another scale .. it makes people connect and laugh and strengthens friendships. You dance and really live.

.. I love weed. And I agree that to get weed legalised, we might need to cut loose a few strings like ecstacy. The 'premises' in your argument is what I am a little dismayed by.
i wrote a full comeback and shit, but fuck it. we're just going in circles, arguing for the exact same thing. freedom.

would you have the opinions you have on these issues if you weren't ever a cannabis user? my only 'enemy' in this case is that view on marijuana (which i'm pretty sure you only used to point out the standard subjective view on it, and isn't your personal opinion.. but still). i'm not quite sure who this enemy you speak of is. both these drugs are taken to reduce our enemies. obviously you're speaking about the 'government', but fuck them. as long as we can live our life and do what we choose, they'll always try to stop us.

it's not like i'm part of some radical cannabis decriminilisation group, i just smoke the stuff. i suppose what i really believe in is that more people should be open minded towards it. and more people should smoke it.

and do pingaz, if they choose.

inasero

Reborn
HSC

jezzmo said:
Would she have died taking the same pill, if she hadn't drunken all that water?

H2NO!
Would she have drank all that water, if she hadn't taken the pill? H2NO!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

blue_chameleon said:
Strong, but not strong enough. *Further research needed before confirmation as acceptable benefits (as stated in article).
Yeah, and they won't even let medical studies be done. See what I'm getting at?

Russdog

russell
HSC

jezzmo said:
The justifications used then are different to the justifications used now.
not really. racism, fear and greed got it banned in the first place. what's any different with the government these days? they'll always pull some close-minded, judgemental bullshit out of their arse to keep us in line.

blue_chameleon

HSC

Trefoil said:
So we should ban things that make people happy unless they also have an unrelated industrial use?
No, i'm simply saying it's pretty stupid to say one of it's benefits is that it improves mood in people. Of course people being happy is great, but I was more looking for benefits that provide clout to argument of legalisation, and unfortunately 'happiness' isn't a benefit pollies (or the public majority) would take seriously.

Tbh, i'd much rather see [drug educated] people in clubs on pills rather than them drinking themselves legless and starting fights. Would change the whole clubbing environment really, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

<3 ewe Graney.

inasero

Reborn
HSC

John Oliver said:
If she was enough of a fucking moron to do it in the first place I think it's fair to surmise that her annihilation was impending regardless of situation.

You are just a straw man machine today!
I thought you were smart enough to know what a straw man is, tell me how that's a straw man?

Russdog

russell
HSC

Graney said:
Don't be facetious.

I'm addressing your ideas, mindset, the collective fascist evil to which your consciousness is beholden, whatever.
and btw, graney. i know this is a late reply, but don't corner me into that bullshit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)