Drugs kill daughter, parents blame unscrupulous people for taking advantage of her (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
To all those that do pills, do you ever worry about precisely what it is you're taking?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Re: Drugs kill daughter, parents blame unscrupulous people for taking advantage of he

John Oliver said:
I don't need to know what a straw man is because we know what being RIGHT is, right amirite son?

An absolutely nonsensical and indefensible statement asserted as an absolute truth perpetuated by the opposition of the argument.

Voodoo pharmacology argument, thank you sir, but you're relieved from duty.

If you'd want to respond to any of the myriad points in my retorts to the swiss cheese empty argument you proposed (BUT WE CAN'T BECAUSE WE CAN'T OMG!), I'd be more than interested to read it.

Please just post something useful for a change?
I think you better well know what it is if you're going to accuse someone of using it, regardless of whoever's right. Now kindly please answer my question and I'll grant you the same courtesy.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Strawman: A straw man is a dummy in the shape of a human usually made up entirely out of straw material, or created by stuffing straw into clothes.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
man isnt a strawman something that muzzas burn representing bush?

PS, know your dealer.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Again, you can regulate the distribution and sale of the drug but you can't regulate its use. The latter being where the problem lies. Alcohol is the prime example of course.

MDMA, Cocaine etc all exist in society. However, the prevalence and hence use of these substances is much less than what it would otherwise be if it were available through regulated sale in a similar vein to alcohol or tobacco. Alcohol is the most harmful in terms of its implications upon society for this very reason.

Misuse of these drugs is inevitable. By limiting availability through criminalisation we are directly reducing the quantity of the drug in circulation, and thus the reducing the potential number of persons who would be able to misuse and abuse the drug. We don't need more substances easily the accessible that have propensity to be misused and abused. There should be a balance between science and commonsense.

Last edited:

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
Cool man nice evidence you cited.
In regards to the injecting room:

Kings Cross injecting room fails to reduce overdose death rates | The Daily Telegraph

Original report here:

http://www.nchecr.unsw.edu.au/NCHECRweb.nsf/resources/Interim_eval_rep_2/$file/EvalRep4SMSIC.pdf

Society... already has them. This isn't an argument in the abstract.
Read my response in the post above. Of course they already exist, but not in the prevalence of the legalised substances. Prevalence not existence is the issue.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
Arguing that locking people up for ingesting a substance is anything other than punitive completely misses the point.
The likelihood of receiving a custodial sentence for possession, being a summary offence, is minimal. Monetary penalties and bond agreements are far more common.

I don't disagree that more shouldn't be done to assist those with addictions and misuse issues. However, I don't believe that decriminalisation or indeed legalisation are the answer. Providing Magistrates with the authority to compel a person to detox or rehabilitation would be far more productive.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
incentivation said:
Exactly. So why increase availability and accessibility? All that would do is increase the likelihood of misuse.
Have you ever been to a club in the city?

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Riet said:
Have you ever been to a club in the city?
Not everyone who drinks alcohol goes to a pub/club.

Currently, those who really desire drugs will seek them out. A club is one place where this is possible. It is a very small market, and one you will never eliminate. I'm against creating an additional market to the one that already exists. A market whereby these drugs are freely available, and exposure is provided to those individuals who would otherwise not have been in the current system.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Re: Drugs kill daughter, parents blame unscrupulous people for taking advantage of he

It isn't just clubs. I don't know anyone who buys theirs in clubs. All you need is a phone number and you can get them wherever you happen to be... although usually you would meet somewhere in the middle.

...and because they are everywhere and you can get good discounts for buying bulk heaps of people get them and sell just to their friends which makes it even more convenient.

People who want pills want them because they know people who have taken them and if you know someone that takes them you can get without any trouble.

Short of selling it at petrol stations I don't see how it can get any more available and accessible.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC

iamsickofyear12 said:
It isn't just clubs. I don't know anyone who buys theirs in clubs. All you need is a phone number and you can get them wherever you happen to be... although usually you would meet somewhere in the middle.

...and because they are everywhere and you can get good discounts for buying bulk heaps of people get them and sell just to their friends which makes it even more convenient.

People who want pills want them because they know people who have taken them and if you know someone that takes them you can get without any trouble.

Short of selling it at petrol stations I don't see how it can get any more available and accessible.
Lol they used to sell them at the servo in peak hill, until it EXPLODED. lol

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A

iamsickofyear12 said:
Seriously?

To those not actively seeking out the drugs, there is no market available. No advertising and no specified selling location. It's easy to say 'get the phone number' but for those outside of the social scene, it is extremely difficult.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

incentivation said:
Seriously?

To those not actively seeking out the drugs, there is no market available. No advertising and no specified selling location. It's easy to say 'get the phone number' but for those outside of the social scene, it is extremely difficult.
We better make it harder to get for the people that DON'T WANT THE DRUGS!

fking lol

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC

Incentivation, what you're saying is "people who don't want E don't buy it."
Well no shit. I don't know about you, but last time I went into a servo I didn't end up with a box of tampons and some cornflakes either.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A

Optimus Prime said:
Incentivation, what you're saying is "people who don't want E don't buy it."
Well no shit. I don't know about you, but last time I went into a servo I didn't end up with a box of tampons and some cornflakes either.
Again, missing the point. It is about accessibility, availability and choice.

When something is sold underground, those who really desire it will actively seek it out. When a product is sold in the mainstream like cigarettes and alcohol, it becomes enticing to many individuals who would not have had the exposure or accessibility in the current system. The very 'choice' becomes alluring to many. The unknown, the propensity to 'buy and try'.

A greater percentage of the population would consume the substance, due to this increased accessibility. Many of these individuals in the current system would not be exposed due to their social scene or lack of desire to track down the wholesaler. Instead of alcohol, it becomes ecstasy or or cocaine. In any other situation, the option would not be there. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Ecstacy and Cocaine are a little different buddy.

iamsickofyear12

HSC

incentivation said:
Someone not actively seeking it obviously doesn't have any interest in taking it. They aren't going to all of a sudden decide they want to just because it is sold at a specific location.

It is not extremely difficult... just ask a few people that you know. Someone will know someone who can get it. And even if that doesn't work you could probably have some success going into a club and just asking people at random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)