Dry Cell & Vanadium Redox Cell Helppppp!!! (1 Viewer)

chocomania

HSC
can someone help me with the comparison between dry cell and vanadium redox cells? are there different types of dry cells or vanadium redox cells that i have to look at?

comparison based on:
- chemistry
- cost & practicality
- impact on society
- environmental impact

:wave:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
finally recover and the mood is right
looking up into a neon sky
child in me takes over, guess it's been too long
since the last time that i tried to fly

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
chemistr: look at CCHSC, too hard/lazy to remember

cost/prac: you tell me.... is dry cell cheap? do you see them been used everywhere?
is vanadium cell cheap (well you probably won't know, since ...) are they used everywhere? (not really)
reason for this is that vanadium redox requires large volume to store its electrolytes and cathode and anode (IIRC). this makes it quite impracticable at the moment. A professor at UNSW however, i remeber made a golf cart out of vanadium redox. that's about it

impact:
dry - you tell me. think this way, WITHOUT dry cell, what WON'T be possible?
vand - talk about potential of completely rechargable batteries i suppose... (where as dry cells are non rechargable)

environ - dry - quite minimal. although the ammonia can pose abit of environmental threat
vand - harmless (? memory failing me... did i remember this right?) since V exist in the world in significant quantity already. (not that you need to know, but some form of V are used to treat diabetes. just to prove how "toxic" they really are)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)