Dual State Ranker Tutoring: English Adv (98), Extension 1 (50), Extension 2 (48) (1 Viewer)

humanitieslover

HSC
Hello everyone :)

My name is Anya and I am an experienced, friendly & passionate tutor offering English Adv/Ext 1/ Ext 2 tutoring. I graduated from Abbotsleigh (a school ranked top 10 in the state).

While my passion/love is for English, I am also offering tutoring for my other subjects, as outlined below. As you may be able to see from the subjects I chose, I am definitely a humanities person!

I am currently studying a combined degree of Arts/Law at UNSW, majoring in English and minoring in History, with a Distinction WAM.

Credentials:
NSW HSC ATAR: 99.60
English Advanced State Rank (11th)
English Extension 1 State Rank (2nd)
UTS Vice Chancellor's Outstanding Achievement Scholarship (Recipient)
All Rounder

Subjects offered:

English Advanced: (98/100)
English Extension 1: (50/50)
English Extension 2: (48/50)
Modern History: (96/100)
History Extension: (47/50)
SOR 1: (48/50)

Experience
I have now tutored students from 2014-2023 who have achieved stellar results, including multiple students who have achieved state ranks. By tutoring many different students I have gained experience in various learning styles, and how to best pass on my knowledge to others.

Private Tutoring:

I understand that English Advanced is one of the most frustrating subjects for students, especially for those who dislike it, or find it too subjective. My aim in tutoring is to make English approachable/understandable, in the ultimate aim to help students reach their goals (whether this may be a B6 or a state rank). To succeed in English, I believe the key is continuous refining/editing of essays and creatives, and with this in mind, tutoring will be tailored specifically for the individual :)

You will also have access to ALL of my own essays and resources.

Essay Editing/Marking

For students who prefer essay editing/feedback, I also offer an essay marking service. This includes comprehensive and extensive editing via track changes on Microsoft Word, a commenting system throughout and a final feedback section at the end of the document.

Turnaround time is generally 1-2 days, but please send through as soon as possible if you need urgent editing done :)

Email: anyaprem1@gmail.com OR just feel free to PM me for more details :)

Edit: New spots are now available for 2023 (online tutoring only)

Thank you!

Last edited:

hibaby123

HSC
bump! Would highly recommend. Anya has tutored my younger brother (Year 11) for 2 years, and his rank has jumped from bottom half of the cohort to Top 10. A great tutor and a better yet, a lovely person.

weruntheworld

HSC
This girl amazes me. She was in my English class at Abbotsleigh and really knows her stuff. Congratulations on the state ranks + HSC results =]

hennychong

HSC
I have gone through around 3 English tutors... and Anya has not only made me understand English, but has made me grow to like it (crazy i know..lol). She is very sweet, and goes out of her way to help you. Looking forward to 2014. free bump.

humanitieslover

HSC
Hey Henrietta :)

Haha thank you! So great to hear that you're liking English (I still remember when you absolutely hated it) :p Definitely looking forward to 2014 as well!

hsclover

HSC
N/A
I honestly couldn't recommend Anya more. She is insanely passionate about English and has a love for her helping others that you probably can't find elsewhere. She cares about more than just marks, but moreso her students. Get in fast, she's a real gem. bumpity bump :p PS. loving the similarity in usernames! ;)

allysmith

HSC
I wholeheartedly recommend Anya as a tutor. She started tutoring me when I was in Year 10 (now a 2014'er) and I would never have believed I could have come this far. I go to a top 10 selective school.. (won't say it here lol) and I was ranked..let's just say... not well LOL. I am currently ranked in the top 10 of my school. (Now 9th), and I could NOT have done it without humanitieslover. She is a genuine person who cares about her students, and has taught me how to excel in English from scratch. Thank you again. bump!!!!

humanitieslover

HSC
I wholeheartedly recommend Anya as a tutor. She started tutoring me when I was in Year 10 (now a 2014'er) and I would never have believed I could have come this far. I go to a top 10 selective school.. (won't say it here lol) and I was ranked..let's just say... not well LOL. I am currently ranked in the top 10 of my school. (Now 9th), and I could NOT have done it without humanitieslover. She is a genuine person who cares about her students, and has taught me how to excel in English from scratch. Thank you again. bump!!!!
Wow thank you Ally! Hehe :) Hope everything is going well with you.

Cats54321

HSC
N/A
Congratulations on amazing results! Would highly recommend!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)