DUBBO / other correspondence schools... (1 Viewer)

legallaura

HSC
Does anyone on this site do any subjects by correspondence schools like DUBBO or OTEN?

I do legal by DUBBO, and Accounting by OTEN.

What do you think of distance learning?!?

HSC
Uni Grad
I do Japanese Continuers through Open High. It has it's highs and lows.

ash_tayla

HSC
Yes, I did both chemistry and English extension 1 through Dubbo :) fantastic teachers

HSC
Uni Grad
I just want to ask, is doing a subject through OTEN/Dubbo similar to doing a language through Open High School? For example, you get work from your teacher and you have to send it weekly, then have a phone/Skype/etc lesson with your teacher? I am really curious because I know a friend who is going to do her Preliminary & HSC through OTEN and I just can't really picture doing another subject other than a language through correspondence.

legallaura

HSC
If you want some advice for your friend... tell her NOT to do her whole HSC by OTEN... unless she wants to ruin it!!!!!! :spzz:
Literally... OTEN is very very hard to stay motivated with.
As i said before, I do Legal Studies by Dubbo and Accounting by OTEN... i love legal, and have a great teacher that rings me weekly, and i can contact her whenever i want, there is a steady weekload of work and its pretty good overall. (my best subject at the mo)
in comparison.. Accounting by OTEN is terrible!! They sent us a massive textbook at the start of yr.11, and assessments throughout. we had no teachers really ring us, and email was the main form of contact. we were then dumped straight into the HSC for accounting at the end of our yr.11 course (nov. this yr) in which they came in with amendments halfway through!!!
personally, dubbo is better than oten, but it depends on the learner i suppose.
i wouldn't do more than 1 or 2 subjects by dubbo/oten/openHS... there's nothing like a face-to-face teacher.
:)

HSC
Uni Grad
i wouldn't do more than 1 or 2 subjects by dubbo/oten/openHS... there's nothing like a face-to-face teacher.
:)
I kind of agree. I was about to do Chinese Beginners at OHS but since my Japanese class was cancelled I chose Japanese over Chinese (the Head of Curriculum at my school told me it was too much work doing two subjects through correspondence). But I prefer a face-to-face teacher even if I am on track of things. ^.^

Haaalp

HSC
Our school was horrible and most off us had at least one subject via DSoDe.

I had
Adv. English
Modern History
Photography
IT.

It was good, just make sure you dont slack one bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)