Due Date For Major Work (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hey guys
anyone got an approximate time they think the major work will be due
for some stupid reason i freaked today because i thought this was our last term and it was due by the end - thank god it's not!
well - yeah .. i had ideas and all, then realised that it sounded way too cliche! far out, i need more originality, and i can write good scenes when it comes to evilness.. or morbid scenes or whatever, but not happy - chirpy scenes.. farrout.. anyone wanna give me a few pointers on how to write a story.. at least one chapter.. without it being to cliched or predictable, but be happy and all.. it's just that evilnessed doesnt suit my theme..

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
i'm not entirely sure of writing in a short story form for ext. 2, but i always feel it's interesting to read a number of authors and familiarise yourself with their styles, and experiment and see where you feel most comfortable. authors like michael ondaatje (if you're doing crime fiction in ext. 1 you may read some of him) or david guterson ('snow falling on cedars' is a beautiful book to read) but yeah, lots of different writers can enhance your perception of writing, and if you open your mind to these styles, you can find an avenue that is best suited to you, i would feel

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
hey guys
anyone got an approximate time they think the major work will be due
I answered this in another forum some time ago.. I called up bos.. they told me it was due at the end of August so u have some time to work on ur work... maybe i should advise myslef... I've hardly done anything... but then again poetry isn't so tough... The problem isn't writing poems.. its getting a story planned out that actualy makes sence

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
physician said:
... but then again poetry isn't so tough... The problem isn't writing poems.. its getting a story planned out that actualy makes sence
are you referring to yourself in planning a story physician? sorry, i might have misinterpreted the sentence completely. are you talking about creating a story in your own poetry or talking about munchkin's story?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
black_man said:
are you referring to yourself in planning a story physician? sorry, i might have misinterpreted the sentence completely. are you talking about creating a story in your own poetry or talking about munchkin's story?
I think i kind of mixed myself up there...

I'm writing a suite of poems... and they're all linked up by a commmon theme... there all supposed to pass on the same message/messages that I wish my audience to recieve

I was thinking of writing a poetic story... but... I guess that didn't work out

know_it_all

according to BOS published documents:
completion: 23rd August
hand in 24th August
submission to bos 29th aug

so basically its due on the 23rd which is ONE WEEK afta the catholic trials

HSC
N/A
ohhh gosh - okay.. so that makes it.. umm
3months ... pretty much till the MW is due - wow, that's shit!
i swear, it should be due the next month!!!!!!!

hey guys - thanks for the ideas and help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)