Dumping? (1 Viewer)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
can anyone provide me with a real life example of dumping.
i cant find any information.

im writing an essay on free trade-ad/ dis adv..
thanks in advance.

onlinenooby

HSC
Brazil dumping its banana's in the EU region. Resulted in the EU undertaking some bullshit protection that excluded brazilian banana's because they were to "curvy" as Brazilian banana's are more curved in nature.

This was a term ago, i might have got the country Brazil mixed up with another one, but im definetly sure it had banana's and the EU putting up some lame protection reason to prevent the dumping.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
America dumped sum stuff on the market at some point. Chect out the leading edge textbook, i think its in there.

another example which is probably irrelavant to your essay is those massive markdown sales with like 70% off stock, ie domestic dumping.

cs01001

HSC
China dumping cheap textiles and clothes in EU, aka Bra War. Go wiki it :)

izzah1

HSC
Sorry i think im a bit late but another example you could use is like Subsidised Agricultural products such as Wheat from EU and USA which are generally dumped on world markets which prevents developing nations such as Zimbabwe and Nigeria for example competing in terms of exports i.e. Cotton Farmers in Africa have struggled to compete against subsidised cotton from the EU despite it being a natural comparative advantage which due to the EU's subsidisation has seen world prices fall with many products dumped on world markets with African nations unable to compete leading to problems in achieving economic development due to lower levels of export income which means higher levels of unemployment and the social problems and lower levels of living standards associated with these issues. So yeah subsidised ag products from EU = Dumped = Bad

Peaceout
Izzah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)