dunno wat uni to choose (1 Viewer)

alvin012

HSC
man i just looked at my second round offer...i got accepted by canberra doing architecture. the things worries me is the teaching quality, on campus accommodation, facities.

I have another option that is do tafe first 2 years then transfer to second year at uni.

i live in sydney so if i study in canberra..i need to find a job again..dunnno wheather its even hard to get a job..
Tafe is just 10 mins walk from home
But if i study in Tafe i would waste an extra 1 year to finish the course

What would be a better ? go to tafe or Canberra?
Any one give advice?

Last edited:

Peartie

HSC
i have a friend doing Architecture @ Canberra - he seems to enjoy it....and finds it not the teaching quality not that bad.....

luxslash89

HSC
man i just looked at my second round offer...i got accepted by canberra doing architecture. the things worries me is the teaching quality, on campus accommodation, facities.

I have another option that is do tafe first 2 years then transfer to second year at uni.

i live in sydney so if i study in canberra..i need to find a job again..dunnno wheather its even hard to get a job..

Any one give advice?
http://community.boredofstudies.org...305/so-you-think-want-study-architecture.html
read this thread. it's radical, but in a gud way (4 u anyway), cus she tells students wanting to study architecture to GO TO CANBERRA (it's almost like shes threatening u). hope it helps

Last edited:

lou071

HSC
N/A

Any one give advice?
what was your main round offer?

HSC
honestly at uni the teaching quality doesn't matter as much as how much effort you want to put in. Most of it is about private research and out of class work, the teaching staff are only really there to guide your study and bring things to your attention. If you are willing to work hard and want to learn, then it doesn't matter what the quality of teaching is like, you are going to do better than someone who thinks they can breeze through uni with no work because they go to the top uni in the country.

candygore

HSC
Going to uni a year later is not a bad plan. I mean, if you think studing in TAFE would perpare for your study in uni, then go to TAFE first. Or if you think it wouldn't really matter, than go to uni :] Plus, you can always study in TAFE part time while you study in uni too, which a lot of art realted course students to because it's pretty competitive. Good luck anyway :D

xxPanDa

HSC
i rkn theres nothign wrong with goign to canberra

but theres also nothing wrong with goign to uni late one year
people take gap years

ur just liek that, but with a productive year lol
you will also find that after TAFE, u will have more knowledge and experience
than the starting unistudents.
u would proabably get exempt from doin some subjects cause u did it in tafe

and u would most likely be more employable during uni.

Andi0390

HSC
Canberra University has one of the highest graduate employment rates. I don't know what you are basing your opinion UC's teaching quality, but if you are basing on ranking systems, you really shouldn't. They don't judge generally how well a university teaches, generally its peer review, or prize winners. Its a bit tricky to work out how good universities actually are compared to each other, but personally I don't think any Australian university is bad. They all still have certain standards that their teachers and their curriculum's have to stand up to.

UC is like a vocational universities, while ANU deals with very theoretical studies, UC does a lot more practical work, so often straight out of university graduates from UC may find that they are better of. What do you plan to do if you do Tafe?

Canberra has the lowest unemployment rates in the country, you will find a job. And UC campus isn't bad, unless your car breaks down and you want to use a pay phone, then you are screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)