during the HSC (1 Viewer)

Maddy1012

HSC
how many nights a week do you and should you work?

atm i am working only once but i hear some people work like 6 days a week. i mean, i hate working one day a week lmfao

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
During the actually HSC exams or throughout year 12?

Either way that's up to you there is no set amount of time you have to work but they recommend to not take to many hours on. I guess it all depends on you, your situation and what you want/need. Not really something anyway can tell you need more or less of.

goosiegoo

HSC
It all depends, really, on how much you NEED to do.
Through the year... i don't really do regular study or anything. I just do assignments, major works and i study for tests - but i don't sit down and revise my days work or really do any homework at all. If i get ridiculously behind in a subject i'll sit down and do a huge block where i catch up, but really, i don't do daily study or anything.

However, during the HSC and in the elad up to it, i'll be studying all day... everyday. Sigh.

Sukey

HSC
well, I'm working 1 day a week, sometimes two (I live so close to work, i.e. across the street, my boss just calls me over too much!)

But from beginning of September, I'm going to stop working altogether.

Loza33

HSC
I just work in the holidays... last holidays i worked 6 days a week... but these holidays i have already cut it down, because i have 5 assessments (two of which are major works) due in the first week...

October holidays i will maybe work one or two days out of the whole holidays?? but after that... 6 days a week saving up for uni!!

~untitled~

HSC
I am only working 1 shift a week, which i still find a lot to cope with on top school, i dopnt cope with stress very well. And i wont be working at all from the a week b4 the trials until the end of the hsc.

But then will be trying to save madly for uni.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol i dont really do much ... only like iono .. 1-2hours 3 days a week of my own studying ? other than that .. its jus h/w completing or cramming xD

kloudsurfer

HSC
I work 2 3 hour shifts a week but im quitting soon to 'focus on my studies' (really, i just hate my job but am poor...Ive been saving so i can quit and still have some cash lol).

It depends on the person. If you feel you are not having enough time then cut down on the hours.

But then again, you do need a break, you cant just study all the time.

Personally, i wouldnt recommend more than 9 hours...

mzduxx2006

HSC
Maddy1012 said:
how many nights a week do you and should you work?

atm i am working only once but i hear some people work like 6 days a week. i mean, i hate working one day a week lmfao
Yea im working at a family business 6 nights a week, umm i study after work till like late in the night. its hard but it will pay off in tha end.

Maddy1012

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
Yea im working at a family business 6 nights a week, umm i study after work till like late in the night. its hard but it will pay off in tha end.

shit, your a crazy woman.

IceOnFire

HSC
I work 1 day a week.

If I work more than that, my parents get extremly pissed, especially my mum.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I refuse to work on general principle. $4.50 an hour? Screw that. That's two hours gone in transport getting there and back.

/Ramble ramble ramble

So glad I never got called back about the job I was thinking about doing. My friend did it for a month or two and said the whole thing was stupid as all hell.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I refuse to work on general principle. $4.50 an hour? Screw that. That's two hours gone in transport getting there and back.

/Ramble ramble ramble

So glad I never got called back about the job I was thinking about doing. My friend did it for a month or two and said the whole thing was stupid as all hell.
wooah. not only is everything cheap in singapore, they pay cheaply too?!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
zangetsu.xo said:
wooah. not only is everything cheap in singapore, they pay cheaply too?!
Yup. Taxis are a bit more expensive now, but still nowhere near as much as Aus.

But yeah I have no idea if there's even a proper minimum wage, but working at McDonalds, movie theatres, other fast food places etc. will get you around $4.50. :(

Beege

HSC
I work at maccas and I get $13.03 an hour (18 year old)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)