Dus music stimulate ur minds during study? (1 Viewer)

sxciris89

-B4NK41-
HSC
trance/motion city/ministry of sound...
Even El Divo~

music's jst awesome

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC
I know I may sound stupid, but I listen to soft piano instrumental to help get calm and get my mind clear while studying. I normally listen to RnB, trance and house. But hey, worked for Business Studies, English Paper1 and Paper 2.

morgoe

HSC
Usually doesn't help but I'd go insane studying for as long as I have been without it.

Music with vocals is much more distracting, I must admit. I've got a few instrumental-only songs, and a few instrumental-only albums. Also a few soundtracks, etc. Although it only adds up to 6 hours and I'll usually go through that in one day so the same songs keep popping up.

HSC
I don't care if it's distracting or not, I will listen to my music just the same. I fail at studying efficiently.

4unitfreak

HSC
I listen to it while studying Maths. It's usually trance or jazz.

Stress.

HSC
Music is distracting me atm. ESP. Since Beyonce has made a return! Watch her Music Video to "Single Ladies" and then you'll get my drift.

old.skool.kid

HSC
Yer i always listen to sum hiphop specially for maths. But today when i was doin a 2007 maths in exam conditons, i had all this random shit goin throuhg my head. Like songs, and movies. I even started laughing cos the beging of Ali G was playing in my mind really clearly. I mean WTF? I made a few stupid mistakes as well.

So its probably bad for me to listen to music while studying, cos then im only half focused in exam conditions.
BUT i wouldnt be able to get through studying without it!

metalheaven

HSC
Well I've found that listening to classical music helps.
In fact I heard off one of my teachers that a study found that classical music helps you retain information (no hint of weasel words in that sentence :p). Apparently it has something to do with the pulse of the music; perhaps that the beats on 1 and 3 not 2 and 4...

Also strangely enough I've found that some avant-garde jazz helps sometimes. Nothing like some Ornette Coleman to liven up your mind. :)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Great idea.
Sticky one of the 45 threads on this topic.
So people who don't know how to use the search button look less stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)