Dutch unveil the toughest face in Europe with a ban on the burka (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Umm...just wait...oh yeah...I must have said that women in burkas do this all the time, because you said it.

Read the post before posting.

The only problem with burkas are that they cover the full face, so you can't see if it's a male or female.
and men commonly use burka's to disguise their face when robbing banks and carrying out suicide attacks

syera

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
My 3yo sister saw a woman in a black burka at the local park. She's never gone back since.
Yeh.. and whenever i see a preist now, i hide my little sister behind my back (uno, just incase).

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
soha said:
some good friends of mine wear nicab/burka whatever u wana call it
Wow, thanks for, yet again, reminding us that your a Muslim. I think we all forgot. :uhhuh:

HSC
Good on them. It's their country and if they want to get rid of the burka then go for it.

Bout time someone had the balls to actually make a stance.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
syera said:
Yeh.. and whenever i see a preist now, i hide my little sister behind my back (uno, just incase).
Priests don't cover their face like bank robbers and cover the rest of their body in an oversized ninja suit. Just an observation. That is all.
ameh said:
komaticom: which park?

most probably, Auburn.
Nah not Auburn. It's in Chester Hill. There's always lots of Middle Eastern families having outings there. Most weekends there's always some teens who bring their excessively loud modified mini-motorcycles.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
rhapsody11 said:
Wow, thanks for, yet again, reminding us that your a Muslim. I think we all forgot. :uhhuh:
um...i said my muslim friends...that doenst have to imply i am muslim
infact i could be a non muslim with muslim friends who wear burka/nicabs
such a thing exists
and...i m thinming of changing my name to MUSLIM MEMBER
just to make sure 100% people know i am MUSLIM

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i tihnk it all started when those muslims leaders didnt shake that womans hand, because she was a woman.

and you say women are on the same level soha. tsk tsk.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
The Netherlands has suffered tremendously from its failure to integrate its immigrant communities, first they killed van Gogh, caused anti-Semitic and homophobic riots and refused to leave the country as they were only meant to stay temporarily. I think they have been tolerant enough.

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC
Komaticom said:
Priests don't cover their face like bank robbers and cover the rest of their body in an oversized ninja suit. Just an observation. That is all.
No, priest do not cover there faces but some (not all) have sexually abused children.
I'm pretty sure alcohol and drugs have caused more trouble than a burka has, why not outlaw them instead?

hboufont

HSC
rhapsody11 said:
When did I say that Christian Arabs were ok...? :S
geez u guys are harsh. maybe u should try a little tolerance, its a hard concept to grasp but im sure if you try.......

HSC
crazyhomo seems to be the only sane person in this thread.

Since when to Islamic terrorists use burka's to disguise their identity? Can anyone name one instance where this has occurred? No, because it doesn't fucking happen.
Outlawing the burka on the basis of security reasons is total bullshit, just stop and think about it for at least a minute.

A large majority of terrorist attacks involve EXTREMIST organisations who are (arguably) motivated by religious ideology. THis being the case are the terrorists really going to dress up as women to disguise their identity (the burka is a garment only for women)?

Second of all, a large majority of terrorist attacks (at least those conducted by 'Islamic' extremists) are SUICIDE BOMBINGS. Does anyone really think a suicide bomber is going to be worried about disguising himself to such a degree?

Finally, terrorist attacks account for a ridiculously small portion of the total crime figures in any country, outlawing the burka in public places is not going to make one iota of difference in reducing crime at all. All it's going to do is give a few hardcore right-wingers some peace of mind because they'll know they're 'safe'.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
soha said:
um...i said my muslim friends...that doenst have to imply i am muslim
infact i could be a non muslim with muslim friends who wear burka/nicabs
such a thing exists
and...i m thinming of changing my name to MUSLIM MEMBER
just to make sure 100% people know i am MUSLIM
WOW. You would be pulling some crazy shit there. Imagine if everyone didn't think you were a muslim. You know, you might die.

In other news, burkas are impractical for identification purposes if anything. There are alternatives (used by most muslim women). I don't really have a great problem with this.

ZabZu

HSC
Ive seen some women at uni wearing burkas. Its preddy confronting, seeing someone completely dressed in black and the face covered but i guess people can wear what they want.

However, women wearing burkas in western countries severely marginalises them from most of society.

*Minka*

HSC
Unpopular opinion, but I disagree with it.

I believe that women have the right to wear a Burka if that is what makes them comfortable and as long as it is their choice.

I don't hate Islam. I hate Fundementalist Islam. To me there is a difference. I see nothing wrong with a Muslim woman choosing to do her shopping in a Burka if that is her choice. And tearting Muslims poorly and ensuring that they are further marginalised from society is only going to lead to more riots as it will foster hate, like we have seen here with some indeginoius (sp?) communities. Not all Muslims are terrorists and the sooner that steroetype is buried, the better.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
politik said:
Excellent for the Dutch, I think more countries should follow suit.
i dont think many countries will folllow - because not all muslims wear the burka and number of people that do where a burka is such a small figure its insignificant. When there is crap going on around the world. and here are the dutch wasting trying to get a bill across to prohibit one piece of clothing.. its ridiculous

basically this is a violation of your democratic right. u have the right to wear what u want. why should someone not be allowed to cover their face in normal day to day situations - of course in some situations u need to be able to see the person - but the number are too low to have an impact.

the person died at his own cost - he was foolish enough to make movies that ridiculed people. u piss off people, people dont just stand around and take it - they wipe u out.

bah who would want to go netherlands anyway - so cold and small.

*Minka*

HSC
You have never been to Amsterdam have you? Shitloads of fun - one of my fave places to visit when in Europe. Lucky for me that Dad goes there a lot and I ge tot tag along.

volition

arr.
HSC
Do you think that it's inconsistent to ban wearing of burqas with "you can't see who's inside" as the reasoning? Are people still allowed to wear those cartoon animal suits? You can't see the face of the person in there either! No more batman or spiderman masks either :p

And as for this:
“Women have a very strong opinion about the burka. If you ban it they won’t leave the house. It is not a good way to integrate and emancipate Muslim women. Everything Muslims do is criticised by Verdonk. She is doing it to get votes. She doesn’t care about Muslims and their problems.” < - what a crappy sob story. AWWW they won't leave the house....without the burqa which I might add here DOESN'T help 'integrate and emancipate' Muslim women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)