Dux College (1 Viewer)

grubz

HSC
Hey

bumping this thread... anyone go to Dux College in Fairfield for year 11 3u or physics? i went to the free trial class they offer and it seems really good, just wanted to get any other opinions from ppl who have been there longer...

grubz

HSC
I ended up signing up for yr 11 extension 1, the teacher Jacqui is very good :D

LORDYgordy

HSC
how about year 11 physics? they sound ok I think ill go for a trial lesson :D

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I plan to go there, because it seems to be good and the tuition fees are cheap, unlike the $60 fees I'm paying now.

swiftshift

HSC
Out of all tutors so far, I have come across very little tutors such as Jacqui Chen (VERY HELPFUL, EASY COMMUNICATION AND WILL GUARENTEE YOURSELF TO UNDERSTAND THE MOST COMPLICATED PROBLEM) A++++ , Highly recommended. To contact her, send an email to jacqui.chen@gmail.com
:):):):):)

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
whats dux college? neva heard of such a cheap tutoring service.

Last edited:

asymptotic

HSC
do they give you exams?
i think they give you plenty

our tutor gave us dux college exams which are pretty hard, then theres also exams from all these other schools that are also good. But most importantly, they mark it properly.

LORDYgordy

HSC
I started at Dux College since April of this year. I gotta say it's one of the better places out there to get tutored. The tutors are funny and cool, but they really know their stuff. I also heard their 4 unit tutor Ahmad is quite a gun, I guess i'll find out next week

In terms of homework they give you a good amount, not ridiculously much but not little at all, so you get your money's worth. I also appreciate the detailed marking comments.

The only problem with this place is that it's in Fairfield, and that's a bit far for me.

Dux staff if you read this, please PLEASE PLEASE start another branch, maybe at stratty area so you'll save me travelling time during year 12 :p

And a big HI to my class tutor Jacqui!!! :D I know she used to come on BoS to answer questions etc, but dunno if she does anymore.

johNNyboy772

HSC
Dux college is opening in parramatta in 2010 - does any1 have experience with the parramatta branch? heard good things about the company so Im thinking of trying them out..

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
if its opening at paramatta, then I doubt anyone has had experience with the paramatta branch yet.
you'll just have to try for yourself since there's a free trial lesson for every new student

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Jacqui is the bomb. Everyone should try to get into her class.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
if its opening at paramatta, then I doubt anyone has had experience with the paramatta branch yet.
you'll just have to try for yourself since there's a free trial lesson for every new student
Its a worth-while tutoring centre.

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Dux College seems to be very results-orientated, almost to an extreme. I don't think I've encountered any other tutoring institution that markets itself so heavily on "maximising ATAR", "getting band 6/E4" and "perfecting exam technique"...at least in the western suburbs anyway

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)