Dux (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
I got the $4000 from UNSW waiting for me if I decide to go UNSW (not gonna happen though), and a certificate from the school. My name also goes up on the massive plauqe in the Admin block :) lol

danz90

HSC
-Anfernee- said:
what? I got dux of my school but I didn't get $4000 from UNSW.
It's the scholarship thingy... every school in NSW nominates their top academic achiever to be awarded a scholarship by UNSW.
U only get access to the $4000 if you go to UNSW.

-Anfernee-

HSC
danz90 said:
It's the scholarship thingy... every school in NSW nominates their top academic achiever to be awarded a scholarship by UNSW.

$4000 isn't worth 4 years at UNSW...not even close.

proringz

HSC
danz90 said:
What happens if the dux in your school isn't going to UNSW, but 2nd highest achiever does. Does the 2nd highest guy get the $4000 thing or it just isn't rewarded to anyone?

Edit: I read up on UNSW website, the school principal can only nominate one person, therefore the 2nd highest gets nothing. Damn.

danz90

HSC
proringz said:
What happens if the dux in your school isn't going to UNSW, but 2nd highest achiever does. Does the 2nd highest guy get the $4000 thing or it just isn't rewarded to anyone?

Edit: I read up on UNSW website, the school principal can only nominate one person, therefore the 2nd highest gets nothing. Damn.
They have to nominate the top academic achiever even if they have only one UNSW course somewhere in their preferences, its the rules of the scholarship. So now, no one will get that money...

samwell

HSC
lyounamu said:
Is there anything that comes with being a Dux?

I am just curious.
Scholarship preferences like UNSW and Sydney
Honour roll
School trophies
Shields which have ua name inscribed on 'em
U can also get prize money and media<if they come to ua school>

HSC
dolbinau said:
I 'got' Dux but at a lower ranked school.

Is there any Dux with a lower UAI than me :p?
pretty sure I beat everyone :p

I got Dux with a uai of 90.45, go me :guitar: lol
next highest was 87.something, and I don't think anyone else would have done overly great but they may surprise me yet ...

I think last years Dux was in the 70's or 80's, so my school is pretty stoked this year :fish:

I could get a $2000 Uni of newcastle scholarship, but I don't want to go there ...

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
got dux, but not best uai in our year
ah well, whatev

M@ster P

HSC
my school dux for year 11 got a 20 000 dollar scholarship at uws 2 days ago, everyone was so jealous, thats like 3 years free uni??

hjp.

HSC
aussiechick007 said:
pretty sure I beat everyone :p

I got Dux with a uai of 90.45, go me :guitar: lol
next highest was 87.something, and I don't think anyone else would have done overly great but they may surprise me yet ...

I think last years Dux was in the 70's or 80's, so my school is pretty stoked this year :fish:

I could get a $2000 Uni of newcastle scholarship, but I don't want to go there ...
your from newcastle?
which school?

HSC
hjp. said:
your from newcastle?
which school?
I'm not from newcastle, I'm from country NSW .. but our school applied for that scholarship to be given to the Dux student. sucks that I can't use it at another uni though .. I think I'm going to end up at usyd.

hjp.

HSC
aussiechick007 said:
I'm not from newcastle, I'm from country NSW .. but our school applied for that scholarship to be given to the Dux student. sucks that I can't use it at another uni though .. I think I'm going to end up at usyd.

ohh, i see.

vasuu91

HSC
well i got the highest UAI but they announced dux before the UAI released...oh well

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
vasuu91 said:
well i got the highest UAI but they announced dux before the UAI released...oh well
Wow, not at my school tho. We're lucky that Dux kid wasn't announced. :headbang: Otherwise it's awkward then. :idea:

dp624

HSC
Lol I am dux but not the top dux... hahaha

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
I think I got dux: 92.8 Gogo our school
The thing is, there's like 5 of us between 90 and me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)