DVD blanks. (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Anyone been using the DVD+DL ones? cos they are meant to be fulli compatible with DVD players..

price is a lil restrictive..about $10 a pop.. anyone seen it for less yet?

oh ..and for sinlge layer 8x ones.. im looking for a reliable brand but not too rediculously expensive..

Jesus

Christ
HSC
N/A
i cant even find the DL blanks, the common 4.7gb is value for space tho so i wouldnt particularly look for it unless you have really really big files.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
strathfield sells teh single layer ones for something like 60c each, something ridiculous like that

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
neuro_logik said:
you can buy a spindle of 100 DVD-R's for $50.
wat speed? ? ?
i got 8x for $30.. nothing crappy... it was a jap brand..
the 4x was $25
but im a big data user and cant stand another HDD :S

PublicUser

Banned
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
wat speed? ? ?
i got 8x for $30.. nothing crappy... it was a jap brand..
the 4x was $25
but im a big data user and cant stand another HDD :S
are your jap brand dvds available here, if so could plz say where... i need to get some more blanks...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
haha its lik a brand called maxmax .. i havent made one coaster yet..
great for video and xbox games so far.. but then my xboxs got the samsung DVD drive .. :p
i got it in north rocks..

but i reckon u should shop around.. hehe nice printable disks too ^^
well i found out its made in taiwan tho lolz

anyonw heard anythink negative bout it?

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
People should realise that just because a blank is branded with one name doesn't mean it's manufactured by that company. You'll be surprised with how many proper brand blank (eg TDK) are made by less known companies which doesn't differ that much to the 60c DVD you get at Strathfield.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Templar said:
People should realise that just because a blank is branded with one name doesn't mean it's manufactured by that company. You'll be surprised with how many proper brand blank (eg TDK) are made by less known companies which doesn't differ that much to the 60c DVD you get at Strathfield.
I burn alot of old videos onto DVD video for archiving. And I go through maybe a spindle or two in a week. More often than not, its kinda the other way around, some of the cheaper discs like the Laser brands and Princo sometimes use the A20 and A30 discs. I started off with those and ended up with about 37% coasters.

I've used more expensive TDK ones (not A20 or A30 non branded types :p) and yet to see one fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)