EA-Crysis (1 Viewer)

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
the crysis demo is coming out soon cant wait. Has anyone seen its videos from eagames?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
It looks absolutely amazing. September 25th demo release.

Hopefully won't chug too much on my system :p

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Ye im thinking of getting a new video card, my one is pretty old. Its a hectic game though, best graphics far bettter then xbox 360 or ps3 graphics no doubt.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Really good looking game. Otherwise, nothing too spectacular. Willing to give it a go though

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Ye i dont like the really fake stuff like aliens, i would really like it if it were more of an human vs human game.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
god damnit. i was so hyped up for the demo to be released on the 25th, mid way through uni break and now theyve delayed it for a month.

/suicide

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
w00t, i got into the beta.

and what better time than right after uni break finishes... *sigh

MOn3Y

HSC
N/A
Hakz said:
the crysis demo is coming out soon cant wait. Has anyone seen its videos from eagames?

yeh man its frqn awesome, have u played the beta

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
MOn3Y said:
yeh man its frqn awesome, have u played the beta
Nah i didnt know about it, damn!. How is it???

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
the beta is actually really good. ive already played a fair share of battlefield and cs so i wasnt expecting the multiplayer to be that great, but to my surprise it really is very fun.

my only hassle with it is tanks are far too cheap, ive literally come first place 5 times in a row on a 20 player server by rushing to cap 3 sectors fairly close by each other, getting points for it, constructing a tank and then pushing the enemy back to their single spawn point on the island by about the 3rd-4th minute into the round. after a bit of knowledge of the map, a bit of practise in perfecting your tank rush and enough skill to hold off the few enemies that make it to the opposite side of the map within the opening minutes ive found the beta map to be quite unbalanced for the US team if vsing a NK team of even skill.

at the cost of 450 points (enough to by 2 decent guns, 100 points per kill or capture) for a heavy tank which can hold off a team of 10 if in a good position (only front exposed to enemy, narrow passage, flanks closed) i was beginning to think that the enemies cries of "omg stop tank whoring" may have had some truth to them.

the power struggle mode is really fun. having to hold a research center aswell as power it with nearby stations, all the while having to defend spawn points and vehicle factories is great fun. the multiplayer is much deeper than i thought it would be. pushing the enemy off the island, having a nuke launcher in hand and suicide charging towards a position where you can take out their submarine base while your teammates are trying to cover you and the whole enemy team is trying to take you out is great.

the nanosuit abilities are quite balanced. i thought the game was going to turn into an instant kill special ability spam, but none of the abilities really seem like they can be exploited. the only time i felt an ability was sus was when camping a narrow doorway with 'strength' activated and rushing anyone who enters from the side with a one hit kill punch, but even that can be counted with a frag nade into the room before entering. camo sniping isnt as exploitable as i thought it would be as all your energy is drained the moment you fire your first bullet, leaving you very vulnerable without any armor or speed to escape once the enemy has your position.

performance is still not quite perfect. im getting about 40-60 fps outdoors with a 8800GTS, e6420 @ 3.0ghz, 2gigs ram, 1600*1200, medium settings. its still very playable, but for this game to go mainstream theyve still got a bit of optimising to do. if i could squeeze another 20% fps out of my rig with a more optimised build and better drivers then i would be happy.

cheers to crytek for a great game. ill definately be buying this.

Last edited:

Legham

HSC
I saw Crysis in EB games today and nearly came in my pants! i was excited for crysis years ago but then i forgot about it..

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
DeathB4Life said:
the beta is actually really good. ive already played a fair share of battlefield and cs so i wasnt expecting the multiplayer to be that great, but to my surprise it really is very fun.

my only hassle with it is tanks are far too cheap, ive literally come first place 5 times in a row on a 20 player server by rushing to cap 3 sectors fairly close by each other, getting points for it, constructing a tank and then pushing the enemy back to their single spawn point on the island by about the 3rd-4th minute into the round. after a bit of knowledge of the map, a bit of practise in perfecting your tank rush and enough skill to hold off the few enemies that make it to the opposite side of the map within the opening minutes ive found the beta map to be quite unbalanced for the US team if vsing a NK team of even skill.

at the cost of 450 points (enough to by 2 decent guns, 100 points per kill or capture) for a heavy tank which can hold off a team of 10 if in a good position (only front exposed to enemy, narrow passage, flanks closed) i was beginning to think that the enemies cries of "omg stop tank whoring" may have had some truth to them.

the power struggle mode is really fun. having to hold a research center aswell as power it with nearby stations, all the while having to defend spawn points and vehicle factories is great fun. the multiplayer is much deeper than i thought it would be. pushing the enemy off the island, having a nuke launcher in hand and suicide charging towards a position where you can take out their submarine base while your teammates are trying to cover you and the whole enemy team is trying to take you out is great.

the nanosuit abilities are quite balanced. i thought the game was going to turn into an instant kill special ability spam, but none of the abilities really seem like they can be exploited. the only time i felt an ability was sus was when camping a narrow doorway with 'strength' activated and rushing anyone who enters from the side with a one hit kill punch, but even that can be counted with a frag nade into the room before entering. camo sniping isnt as exploitable as i thought it would be as all your energy is drained the moment you fire your first bullet, leaving you very vulnerable without any armor or speed to escape once the enemy has your position.

performance is still not quite perfect. im getting about 40-60 fps outdoors with a 8800GTS, e6420 @ 3.0ghz, 2gigs ram, 1600*1200, medium settings. its still very playable, but for this game to go mainstream theyve still got a bit of optimising to do. if i could squeeze another 20% fps out of my rig with a more optimised build and better drivers then i would be happy.

cheers to crytek for a great game. ill definately be buying this.
Mad hopefully ill play it soon

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
Legham said:
I saw Crysis in EB games today and nearly came in my pants! i was excited for crysis years ago but then i forgot about it..
this find is truely awesome considering the game hasnt even gone gold yet.

i see through the lies of the jedi.

Legham

HSC
It was the box that they have on the shelves for the coming soon things.. They also have guitar hero 3 boxes there which is far more exciting.

Chuc

HSC
Personally I'm seriously waiting any realism modifications for the Crytek engine, namely along the lines of Project Reality and Operation Flashpoint.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
Partisan said:
EA games have insanely long loading times.
EA is the publisher. they have very little to do with how the game is designed.

im finding the crysis loading times to be really good now. the first few time you play the game it apparently does some shader compiling thing (theyre testing something in the beta) and that took maybe 3 minutes to get started and then another 30 seconds for all the textures to load properly. from then on its taking about 15 seconds to join a server and another 2 seconds for textures to load. alot faster than the BF loading times.

after turning the shadow quality to low (i seriously think the shadows still look good at low, theres none of the low-res shadow aliasing from other similar fps games) and post processing to low (from what i can tell, all this does it add motion blur and depth of field, which i can live without) my fps has gone a fair bit higher.

the game seems to be shaping up nicely. the hit rego is good. the iron sight aiming feels a little less pin-point-accurate as BF2, enough so that there seems to be a good balance between run and gunning and sniper camping.

the nukes are FUCKING AWESOME. i ended up with 2.3k prestige the other night with the second on my team having about 1k, next few players having 500-700ish after about a 30 minute 16 player game, just to be things into perspective. with that a tactical nuke launcher at the cost of 500 prestige with 2 nukes and extra nukes at the cost of 200. stand by the door of the proto factory where i can resupply ammo while lobbing nukes off in the enemies general direction.

the entire valley running down the middle of the map was filled with giant red mushroom clouds and surprisingly i didnt even notice a drop in fps as they all went off.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)