Ear Piercings (1 Viewer)

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
#23 said:
Well, just an update. Today I took off the stud and put one of my earrings on. I think I may have an infection, as there is like a scratch type mark on the same ear that got pierced. Since I have put on the new earring, I am havng some funny feelings, especially when the earring touches that scratch (dont kno if im over-reacting).

i got my ears done just before NYE
i got told by the pharmacists' that i should keep at least 2 weeks and if you have sensitive skin like me 4 weeks is the rough one.and also you meant to disinfect the area daily with alochol swabs or some kind of disinfect stuff.

mR.aCAdEMiK

Mo-del Student
HSC
far that gun is shit. I left it for 4 weeks be4 changing the earing. When i first tried to take it out it wuldnt budge, then it started bleeding abit. Finally i got it out and it hurt as hell when i first put my new earing in. After that though it was fine. I think it was beacause my hole healed abit or sumthing so when i put in my new earing i was re-piercing the hole.

Weird thing is my ear lobe still seems to be abit tender around the earing. slightly red and hurts wen i lean on it. It has been 2months since i pierced it. Any ideas any1?

Skeeta

HSC
yeah a girl at my work had her upper ear cartilage peirced with a gun, about 6-7 weeks ago. She insists it STILL hurts when she touches it!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i got my lobes pierced when i was 8. i have kinda sensitive ears, so even with daily disinfecting they took ages (a few months?) to heal. i can only wear gold earings for extended periods of time, and SOME silver (good quality) for a few hrs - i live with a pair of small gold hoops in

PrettyVacant

HSC
mR.aCAdEMiK said:
far that gun is shit. I left it for 4 weeks be4 changing the earing. When i first tried to take it out it wuldnt budge, then it started bleeding abit. Finally i got it out and it hurt as hell when i first put my new earing in. After that though it was fine. I think it was beacause my hole healed abit or sumthing so when i put in my new earing i was re-piercing the hole.

Weird thing is my ear lobe still seems to be abit tender around the earing. slightly red and hurts wen i lean on it. It has been 2months since i pierced it. Any ideas any1?
I think you're supposed to rotate the earrings like once a day to stop the pierced area healing and sticking on the earring. I was told something like that when I got it done about 6 years ago. :)

Uncle Jonny

HSC
piercing should be done with piercing needles. Not the gun's they use.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
I think you're supposed to rotate the earrings like once a day to stop the pierced area healing and sticking on the earring. I was told something like that when I got it done about 6 years ago. :)
true, and/or take them out when you clean them

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
There are a lot of parents that take their babies to our pharmacy to get their ears pierced. We have to pierce both ears at the same time or they won't let you near them after the first one. It's so cute when the babies are torn between crying because of the pain and looking at their new earrings in the mirror.

Anyway, whenever I feel an infection coming (i.e. when the flesh around the piercing feel harder than usual and/or hurt) I spray my ears and wear gold studs without taking them off, until my ears feel normal again. Usually it takes 1-2 days.

nwatts

HSC
i wanna get one of my ears pierced but i'm horrified because experts warn me that where i want pierced is one of the most painful piercings in the business.

still gonna do it to impress the chix tho

edit:

except either a less girly stud or a bar

Last edited:

mR.aCAdEMiK

Mo-del Student
HSC
Nakashima said:
There are a lot of parents that take their babies to our pharmacy to get their ears pierced. We have to pierce both ears at the same time or they won't let you near them after the first one. It's so cute when the babies are torn between crying because of the pain and looking at their new earrings in the mirror.

Anyway, whenever I feel an infection coming (i.e. when the flesh around the piercing feel harder than usual and/or hurt) I spray my ears and wear gold studs without taking them off, until my ears feel normal again. Usually it takes 1-2 days.
so are you meant to wear gold studs when your ear hurt because i have been wearing silver ones. Only gold one i have are the original one that was used in the gun to pierce my ear.

Skeeta

HSC
nwatts said:
i wanna get one of my ears pierced but i'm horrified because experts warn me that where i want pierced is one of the most painful piercings in the business.

edit:

Just be careful if you ever need to get a hearing aid!
Big twouble :uhhuh:

ps. I want one too!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
mR.aCAdEMiK said:
so are you meant to wear gold studs when your ear hurt because i have been wearing silver ones. Only gold one i have are the original one that was used in the gun to pierce my ear.
you can get god quality gold studs pretty cheap. they tend to be better/preferred because a smaller number of people have allergies to gold as opposed to silver.
*checks previous posts* the gold ones you got initially should be ok for you to wear. just leave them in for a few weeks, remember to rotate (twist around a bit) and clean them (ears and studs) regularly. if your ears arent better in a few weeks, go back to the place where you got them done

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
guns are cheap and quick.
and easy.
depending on how good you are at healing.

if not, go to a proper piercing place.
needle.
also quick, but not as cheap. quality jewellry aswell.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
nwatts said:

edit:

pfft.
painful my arse.
its just pressure on your tragus.

and about earphones - just wait a few weeks/months till its all healed and its fine.
you dont notice a thing, it doesnt hurt, ear phones stay in.
i got a CBR in my left tragus, and wore earphones three days after i got it pierced. hurt like a bitch, but yeah.
now its fine. if the rng is on the inside, it can sometimes push the earphone out. but apart from that, its all normal. as if there was no piercing.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i had to get my ears pierced..twice. they closed up the first time but i think its cos i took the earrings out too early. i was too eager to start wearing all of the pairs i had bought and i'd always change them every week or so.

and now after i got them repierced im wearing the same pair the majority of the time to be on the safe side lol.

is it necessary to spray new earrings with the antiseptic?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
mR.aCAdEMiK said:

it might just take a bit longer to heal, clean it twice a day and try to rotate the earring. I got 2 peircings in each lobe done with a gun, and i had heaps of problems with the second peircings. the first ones healed fine, but the 2 nd holes were infected for 3 YEARS with proper surgical studs and i ended up giving up. I kept taking the earrings out and leaving them for a few days, cos they were to sore, then infection would go away, so id put the earrings back in and later that day they would start getting crusties and yuckies and really sore again. The first pericings can handle anything, including sleeping with cheap junk diva earrings, weirrd. I really want to get more things peirced but it turns me off cos i am worried they would just not heal for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)