Early Entry for 2006 (1 Viewer)

DeanM

HSC
Poloktim and Ninga, i know it was awhile back for you 2, but do you remember your trial marks you showed to the uni ? it doesnt have to be EXACT but approx ?

StevChe

HSC
i got conditional entry for BICT stupid gen maths :/ need 80! Man my focus is on maths now screw other subjects :p

HSC
I got guaranteed entry into computer science and maths (double) - but at that dean's presenation didn't they say you couldn't get early entry into a double degree?

DeanM

HSC
what were your marks fireball, and stevche ?
man that sucks, i have to wait 2 weeks before i know if i got in or not !!!!!!!
ARRRRGHHH

StevChe

HSC
70 eng adv
71 eco
79 legal
52 sdd
68 gen maths

relax man u pretty much guranteed some sort of early entry

aaaman

Banned
HSC
StevChe said:
70 eng adv
71 eco
79 legal
52 sdd
68 gen maths

relax man u pretty much guranteed some sort of early entry

53 English std
74 SDD
76 Maths (2U)
71 legal
50 physics

with those marks + wat uve learned from the process. do u think ive good a gr8 chance of a ganteed spot

HSC
95 - extension 1 maths (4/14)
83 - exentsion 2 (2/4)
88 - software design and development (1/18)
83 - physics (4/8)
and nastier marks for the rest of my subjects

But then i had an advantage that i had wend really well in the year 12 math comp (for anyone planning an infomatics degree) and my interviewer new that.

DeanM

HSC
chinesefireball said:
95 - extension 1 maths (4/14)
83 - exentsion 2 (2/4)
88 - software design and development (1/18)
83 - physics (4/8)
nice marks !!!

my marks were:
adv eng 63
adv maths 79
physics 82

and the rest of my subjects dont really apply for my uni course. i would prefer the uni to give specific conditions in the HSC eg '80 for adv maths' instead of just saying 'uai of 75'. im going for civil engineering ( i think i said that on the last page ) anyway, do you think ill have a chance of getting EE ?

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
Last year when I went for my interviews for BInfoTech and BIST they both went for about 20 minutes. I got guarenteed for both of them and I did standard english and general maths. Funny because BIST has extension 1 maths as a pre-requisite.

DeanM

HSC
Terra_Niux said:
Last year when I went for my interviews for BInfoTech and BIST they both went for about 20 minutes. I got guarenteed for both of them and I did standard english and general maths. Funny because BIST has extension 1 maths as a pre-requisite.
because you did gen maths, did you find the maths alittle difficult ?

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Terra_Niux said:
do u remember wat marks did ya have?

aaaman

Banned
HSC
StevChe said:
i got conditional entry for BICT stupid gen maths :/ need 80! Man my focus is on maths now screw other subjects :p
when did ya get da letter from them, a week later?

StevChe

HSC
yeh man i reckon u got a nice chance definately conditional i say. just relax and enjoy the interview u shall do fine :)

DeanM

HSC
phew... good... ill be cheering if they give me a guarented offer. Even if they give me conditions ( as long as its not a spefic UAI ) ... i think they'll give me conditions for eng. i dont think they will for physics, and they prob will for maths...
but by saying that i could be complety wrong, some of the people ive spoken to who got in through early entry, didnt have the greatest marks...

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
The only maths i've really done at uni so far is STAT131 Understanding Variation and Uncertainty, I didn't have that much trouble and ended up getting 73 (credit) almost a distinction, if you have to do subjects like MATH121 i've heard that 2U and extension maths helps. For my degree English is a pretty important subjects especially in subjects where you have to write lots of essays like CSCI102 (Systsems) and some of the IACT subjects.

My marks after the trials were:

English Standard 78/100 Rank 1/46
Maths General 79/100 Rank 11/51
Chemistry 79/100 Rank 3/12
Business Studies 84/100 Rank 2/16
Information Processes and Technology 91/100 Rank 1/17
Software Design and Development 89/100 Rank 2/7

When I did the interviews I had Peter Castle and Jo Abrantes for BInfoTech, can't remember who I had for BIST but both Peter and Jo teach programming subjects CSCI114 and CSCI124 they were both very impressed by my assignments and my ability to produce documentation so I think that was what helped me.

Last edited:

StevChe

HSC
i got my letter 4 dayz after.

With a conditional offer say 80 in gen maths , do other subjects matter? do i need to worry about other subjects alot or should i just relax and take it like that. Say i get 50 in everything but maths and i meet the conditions i still hav my position yeh? :/

StevChe

HSC
DeanM said:
phew... good... ill be cheering if they give me a guarented offer. Even if they give me conditions ( as long as its not a spefic UAI ) ... i think they'll give me conditions for eng. i dont think they will for physics, and they prob will for maths...
but by saying that i could be complety wrong, some of the people ive spoken to who got in through early entry, didnt have the greatest marks...
Man they wont care about eng as long as u hav a good maths mark thats all they care about.. as long as subjects related to ur degree are descent u got a position

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
StevChe said:
Man they wont care about eng as long as u hav a good maths mark thats all they care about.. as long as subjects related to ur degree are descent u got a position
Not quite. Engineering degrees have an English requirement. You even have to write something that's not marked per se, so they can see how good your English is.

We need that in SITACS degrees, or an IACT subject with essays included as a core subject.

DeanM

HSC
StevChe said:
i got my letter 4 dayz after.

With a conditional offer say 80 in gen maths , do other subjects matter? do i need to worry about other subjects alot or should i just relax and take it like that. Say i get 50 in everything but maths and i meet the conditions i still hav my position yeh? :/
if they told you that you need 80 in maths and only told you that ,then yea i rekon if you get 80+ for maths, then the marks for the other subjects wont really matter. but if you turn up with 0% for a test, i dont think they will be too happy. Because they specifically told you 'we will let you in if you get 80 in maths' ( not in those words)
If i was you id just focus mainly on maths, and just study for the other subjects a day or two before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)