Early entry questions (2 Viewers)

ssreganr

HSC
any1 know if there is a maximum amount of places you can apply for early entry for?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
No, there are no restrictions on the number of universities where you can apply for early entry schemes. However, there may be restrictions on the type and number of degrees that you can apply for, depending on the university. Examples of such restrictions include:
  • A maximum number of degrees that you can apply for under an early entry scheme. Examples include UNSW's Gateway Admission Pathway, WSU's HSC True Reward Early Offer Program and MQ's Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme.
  • Degrees excluded from early entry schemes. In the case of WSU, there is a list of excluded degrees, some of which may be subject to additional selection criteria and capped placements, such as the Doctor of Medicine. Another example is MQ's Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme, which excludes the Bachelor of Actuarial Studies/Bachelor of Professional Practice (Honours) (Co-op).
There may be other criteria that must be met, which are typically associated with converting a conditional offer into an unconditional one (SRS is relevant here). Such criteria can include placing the eligible degree(s) as your first preference by a certain date, successfully completing the HSC, achieving a specified minimum ATAR as well as meeting any additional institution and/or degree-specific requirements.

I hope this helps! :D

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
hi @jimmysmith560 just a quick question do u know if you a school detention or suspension will affect early entry? might be stupid 1am thoughts
Generally speaking, no, institutions consider the specific early entry scheme criteria and use those as the basis for making offers or rejecting applications.

ssreganr

HSC
@jimmysmith560
If I apply and get an early offer does it take up one of my final uac preferences, how does this work?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560
If I apply and get an early offer does it take up one of my final uac preferences, how does this work?
That depends on the early entry scheme in question. For example, SRS is linked to your standard UAC application. However, other early entry schemes may require you to apply directly to the university, and this application would be separate from your standard UAC application.

Of course, you can still rearrange your preferences between rounds if needed.

ssreganr

HSC
ah ok, so just to confirm, I'm applying to ANU early entry through their website so that isn't linked to my uac application?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
ah ok, so just to confirm, I'm applying to ANU early entry through their website so that isn't linked to my uac application?
That is correct, as you are submitting an application directly to ANU rather than through the standard UAC portal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)