Early Entry (1 Viewer)

jest3r

HSC
Is there a limited amount of early entry spots on offer, or do they generally just accept as many applicants as they want as long as they have good trial hsc results and do well in the interview? Still waiting for a reply from b medicinal chemistry *sigh*. But congrats to all who have got their guaranteed spots :D

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
im pretty sure they have limited positions for both coniditional and unconditional positions.

hungphan

HSC
N/A
i got guaranteed offer in b-maths regardless of my UAI or scores in individual subjests.Is that serious???what happen if i get very bad UAI??anyone has experience?thanks!

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
hungphan said:
i got guaranteed offer in b-maths regardless of my UAI or scores in individual subjests.Is that serious???what happen if i get very bad UAI??anyone has experience?thanks!
once your guaranteed your in regardless of any mark all you have to do if you want that the b-maths offer is sit the hsc exams, like write your name on each hsc paper lol.

Last edited:

hungphan

HSC
N/A
Thanks Hazk.u r studying at uow so r u living there?is it hard to look 4 a place at W?do u know how much per week is minimum if i want to stay at W?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
I live in wollongong so im a local. Not sure about how much it costs to stay on campus or rent but i think uow student central can organise it. Where do you live?

zagga20

HSC
So i take it that entry results have been sent?
Im still waiting for mine :(

lachlanmarnham

HSC
Dannyd said:
I applied for bMath Finance and eco. The lady said they dnt take many ppl but so im not expectin much. My marks were.
Eco- 92---1/14
PE-90-----1/20
Bio- 89-----4/28
Math- 90----- 2/30
Math ext- 31/50-------6/17
English advanced 78------ 15/59
danny this is lachlan lol congrats on early entry!

zagga20

HSC
hungphan said:
you will get in,good luck to you!
thanks! But I rang UOW and asked when I would expect my results back, they said 2 weeks...
I hope they're mistaken, thats what they told me when i was at the interview...

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
for those who feel uncertain, when i applied for early entry i didnt have flashy marks

my exam marks (trial i think) were very sad
avd eng 43
3unit maths 80
4unit maths 85
legal 70
IPT 71

i applied for; computer engineering/maths
maths
information telecommunication business system (something like that)

didnt get my double but got everything else, what i meant was i just got computer engineering entry only
only the information telecommunication degree had a requirement that i get 50% in eng in hsc....

so you all should be alright....

ended up doing computer engineering..... (which was a big mistake)
NOTE: for those who are doing engineering beware that you will really have to be commited or else you will end up like me changing to commerce like me lol

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
Hakz said:
once your guaranteed your in regardless of any mark all you have to do if you want that the b-maths offer is sit the hsc exams, like write your name on each hsc paper lol.

that is so true lol
this girl who was at my skool got like 50 uai and bcoz of early entry got into uni

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Got guarranteed into B Maths and Finance but im still waiting to hear about Civil Engineering

Anyone heard from the engineering faculty yet???????

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Congrats, if u got into B.Math and finance you will most certainly get into Engineering. The uow engineering faculty is a bit slow so dont worry, but i have to say that this year the early entry results are quiet slow as next week is HSC.

zagga20

HSC
Hakz said:
Congrats, if u got into B.Math and finance you will most certainly get into Engineering. The uow engineering faculty is a bit slow so dont worry, but i have to say that this year the early entry results are quiet slow as next week is HSC.
...Don't remind me. :'(

hungphan

HSC
N/A
zagga20 said:
thanks! But I rang UOW and asked when I would expect my results back, they said 2 weeks...
I hope they're mistaken, thats what they told me when i was at the interview...
What ever,you still should try your best in HSC exams!Come on mate,take it easy coz you cant focus if u worry too much! let study and study before you have your best holiday after Hsc exams! If you try hard,u'll get what u want,trust me!:)

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
try not to stress too much, heaps of people at uow get in under the uai cutoff anyway.
Thats very tru, below the cut off by like 20 or more uais

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Has anyone applied for comp sci, IS or IT and recieved a letter. Also what date were these early entry interviews conducted??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)