Early Trials!!! (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Hey,

My trials are in 2 and half weeks!!!!!!!

My school is trying something new this year. They have abolished half yearlies and we only have one big exam all year which is the trials at the end of this term.

Apparently its so that we spend less class time doing exams/exam revision and more time learning the content of the course, as apparently some classes find it hard to finish the course with all the interuptions from exams etc.

I personally think we are disadvantaged by the fact that we dont get as much practice at hsc exam style tasks. And because we have only done 3 topics, some of the subjects are not having full HSC length exams so we will never get experience in sitting 3 hour exams!

So, is anyone elses school doing this? Ive heard of a couple that are. What do you think of it (and anyone else whos school is doing it the normal way)?

On a side note....my trials are in 2 and half weeks!!!! Ahhhh!!!! Im freaking out because i have a crapload of studying to do and I dont have any time and ahhhhhhh.....!!!!!

jirwin

HSC
my trials are in wk 9 and 10... so what 2.5wks too.

we still had half yearly exams and our trials are still 3hrs or whatever they are meant to be.

i'm freaking out too about the study. i still have an assignment due next monday so i havent had a chance to start studying

theres good and bad things about early trial as they no longer clash with my major works. anyway im not overly fussed on when they are... they are going to come eventually - why prolong the agony.

btw, there are other threads on this.

Maddy1012

HSC
omg that sucks to you people.
our is week 4/5 next term :) shaweeeeeet! :D
but i give lots of sympathy

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
What if some people who are usually good stuff up just that once or if people who are usually crap fluke it and do well? That might be a bit unfair. Having a few exams in the year instead of just the trials can reward those that try hard consistently.

TesseracT22

HSC
having trials so soon sounds kinda dodgy ours are text term wk3

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
ha ha, i beta not laugh incase our principal decides to do the same, but my trails arnt until trm 3 wk 4 after that its just revision until the actual HSC exams. this has got me stressin as we were all given a copy of the exam time table today - that means its getting close

IceOnFire

HSC
Well, I didn't have half yearly exams in the first place so hmm, and my trials are in week 5/6 next term.

All I can say to you is study hard, prepare well, and good luck!!

Remember no bludging or procrastinating. :p

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
hrmm , damn that sucks - theyre so damn early !
ours are weeks 4-6 next term i think.
still got quite a bit of time to study ... let's see ... 10 weeks ? o_O"
better get started soon

syera

HSC
N/A
mine are also in weeks 9/10 this term (2.5 weeks!). Well i think it is a good idea, because next term is very packed, with major works due, graduation, we have a review and all that stuff at the end of year 12. but yes, right now i'm thinking... it's sooo soon and i havent even studied! i still have two more assessments to get out of the way before trials - so i need to do that first! and yeh, we also didnt have half yearlies either...

morganforrest

HSC
Man I'd hate to have them this term...I would be nowhere near ready. Week 4/5 next term is quite allright with me. Good luck to those who have them this term though.....get off BoS and start studying!!!

kloudsurfer

HSC
m0ofin said:
What if some people who are usually good stuff up just that once or if people who are usually crap fluke it and do well? That might be a bit unfair. Having a few exams in the year instead of just the trials can reward those that try hard consistently.
We have an extra assessment task to make up for it. And a lot of our assessments have been exam style (eg in class essays, tests) to compensate.

morganforrest

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
We have an extra assessment task to make up for it. And a lot of our assessments have been exam style (eg in class essays, tests) to compensate.
Still it's not really the same as a 3 hour killer....i think its good to get practice of those....

kloudsurfer

HSC
morganforrest said:
Still it's not really the same as a 3 hour killer....i think its good to get practice of those....
Me too. Its definetly one of the drawbacks of the system.

We've got full length exams for half of the subjects. Ive got full length ones for modern, maths and ee1, got a 2 hr and a 1hr 20 min for english, im campaigning for them to let us have 3 hours for bio and chem (which is making like half my classes hate me...stupid public school! lol)

MirrorBall

HSC
yesss they changed our exam regime this year toooooooo! mine starts on the 20th and most of them are the usual length, with the exception of paper 2 for english (since we haven't done the last module yet). so they're like 8wks early AND they're mostly 3hrs. still 2 for my extensions. and christ, with weekly assignments and etc etc etc, wtf am i doing on the computer. -_-

oh but it's so good to see others freaked out b/c of early trials =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)