EAS acceptance letters (1 Viewer)

dfm

HSC
i didnt know where to post this - so here it is.
Pretty much everyone i know who applied for EAS have recieved soemthing saying they have been awarded it - i havent. But my counsellor etc said either of the two issues i applied with would have gotten me it, so I duno whats going on. My mum rang the EAS people who said it was customary to recieve no notification of acceptance and to only find out when you find out what courses yuove gotten into.
Can anyone tell me more?

Last edited:

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
It depends on which universities you applied for. Over the last few pages of the EAS booklet (which you can download of the UAC site if you don't have it anymore) there's a list of all the universities and it informs you which notify you of the success/failure of your application and those that don't. USYD is one that does, most don't though so don't worry :)

pink668

HSC
uts also sends a letter saying that you are eligible for access scheme...

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
I rang up UNSW and USYD and they said you'll know you've been successful with your EAS application if you recieve an offer for the course which you chose to use EAS scheme for.

karoooh

HSC
Some people have already gotten acceptance letters for the Broadway Scheme though.

mado954

HSC
I had glange all the way through the hsc and i just got a letter to say that my eas application failed and they wont take it into account so i dont know what they base they're judgement on because i only did 2 of my exams, mind u im happy with my uai but still...

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I think it would depend on if you had GF leading up to and during the HSC exams or it was a recurrent problem throughout the year, because EAS is for long term disadvantage... though I'm not sure what they'd define as long term.

Glandular fever is evil, well done for still getting a good uai!! :D

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Manh they piss me off, I just had a look at the EAS Booklet and it said MACQ. , USYD. and UTS. post our eligibility letters late December (they are all "cunts"). What section are you guys claiming?, cause if you only intend on claiming Section 210A or 210B UAC is supposed to generate an "electronic" application for you.

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
i got a letter from UTS about couple of weeks ago saying something about inpUTS. im not sure if it was acceptance, but it wasnt 'a few days ago' recent. should i be worried / fucking angry at these guys too?

this is so fucking depressing. i fucking border on dying and i get nothing.

for fucks sake.

and the "but youve got a high UAI already stop complainig" bullshit is annoying as well. because my desired courses are all above 96.4, and I only got that UAI because I am really fucking awesome.

FUCKING HELL.

(sorry bos, this is directed at EAS assessing people)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I can't believe Sydney didn't accept you, you'd think being that sick and missing so much school would equal acceptance. I know peope who've been accepted for so much less than that. It's stupid, for someone like you it would have actually helped and gotten you into your course, where as I got accepted and my UAI was too far below what I needed for it to help anyway.

I wonder how they actually decide who's accepted and who's not anyway, because it seems unfair that some get accepted over nothing and others with a big disadvantage miss out.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Bookie said:
i got a letter from UTS about couple of weeks ago saying something about inpUTS. im not sure if it was acceptance, but it wasnt 'a few days ago' recent. should i be worried / fucking angry at these guys too?

for fucks sake.

and the "but youve got a high UAI already stop complainig" bullshit is annoying as well. because my desired courses are all above 96.4, and I only got that UAI because I am really fucking awesome.

FUCKING HELL.

That's full slack, don't be sorry for complaining because those guys are being cunts... I agree with what you're saying, because there are people at my school getting points just because they go to a "disadvantaged" school and got a low UAI which was apparently because of their school, you deserve it much more than they do.

t1801

HSC
Bookie said:

for fucks sake.

FUCKING HELL.

i totally agree!! the eas people are hopeless. i didn't get excepted for the broadway scheme and im really annoyed. Bookie im in the same position as you. i got a pretty good uai 94.4 but its no indication of how i could have gone. do u think that maybe they don't accept people who they think got a 'high' uai?

pink668

HSC
t1801 said:
i totally agree!! the eas people are hopeless. i didn't get excepted for the broadway scheme and im really annoyed. Bookie im in the same position as you. i got a pretty good uai 94.4 but its no indication of how i could have gone. do u think that maybe they don't accept people who they think got a 'high' uai?
i know some people from school with 98s and 97s who stil got accepted for eas scheme - broadway etc... i think it depends on circumstances.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
t1801 said:
Yeah I think so, because I know some people who got accepted because they went to a disadvantaged school, whereas I got a 90's UAI and I didn't get accepted... To me it can seem sort of like a lottery for stupidity at times, like no doubt there are people with lower UAIs who underachieve because of stuff that happens to them but there are people who underacheive with high UAIs who don't get rewarded.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
but that makes no sense, why would they give acceptence to people (like me :p) who ended up with such low UAI's that the chances of them getting in are almost non-existent? Sure we were disadvantaged but if its to such an extent that its affected our marks too much, there's just no point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)