EAS acceptance letters (1 Viewer)

HSC
i think it depends how u write ur application letter.. i got 91.20 and got accepted..

t1801

HSC
Bookie said:
i know a 99er that got accepted.

thats why i dont understand. i guess ill just have to go to the deans individually.
maybe they have a quota for the number of eas people they are allowed to give bonus points to, even though more are clearly elligible

Bookie

Banned
HSC
they have a quota for each type of disadvantage i believe.

i personally dont know anyone who has been accepted for health/medical reasons as of yet - but if anyone has, could you list what your circumstances were (if youre not too sensitive about it) - or PM me for that matter?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Bookie said:

i personally dont know anyone who has been accepted for health/medical reasons as of yet - but if anyone has, could you list what your circumstances were (if youre not too sensitive about it) - or PM me for that matter?
I was accepted for medical reasons, basic circumstances were; chronic illness, missed large amounts of school (only attended 2-3 part days/week, missed 1st term of yr 12, etc), difficulty completing classwork and exams, used to be the top student... etc, those are generally the sort of things that were included on my application along with all the documentaion needed. Maybe the university doesn't have access to that information though when they're assessing who gets accepted or not... who knows.

Maybe its possible for you to appeal their decision?

Last edited:

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Thats really unfair, I dont see how they can justify one getting accepted when another doesn't, for similar reasons :(

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, I hope you get the course you wanted.

SkyScout

HSC
Heys everyone I just got a letter from MQ saying I was eligible for EAS for some points below the cut-off points... did anyone else get it?

And What about UTS or UNSW?? do they sent you letters saying how many points below the cut-off you will be eligible to enter the course for? or isit just a waiting game until the offers come around?

could someone pls enlighten me on this fact...

thank you!!

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Yep I got that today.

UTS sends out eligibility letters as well, but UNSW doesn't.

HSC
Bookie said:

hey bookie.. i got the broadway scheme, uai of 91.20, applied for diff family circumstances and medical reasons... i got a doctor's diagnosis and wrote it in a letter, said i am seeing a shrink and under his care... family circumstances? my student welfare coordinator wrote it for me.. plus my statement..

i don't really mind sharing.. the medical conditions i had was insomnia (pretty servere, i wrote how it affected my everyday life), depression.. fam conditions include separation of families, excessive fam responsibility and stuff..

i thought mostly everybody who applied got it?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
yeah as did i.

not to worry hey. but yeah, i think you probably had it bad, especially if you applied for two ctegories. i know people who applied for other than medical reasons who got it fairly cheaply (thats not to say that it didnt affect them, because i have no right to say or know how much someone was affected - and they may personally have had a way worse time). anyway thanks for that and i hope you get better and kick ass at whatever you wanna do :)

crystalmetallix

HSC
N/A
lol i know someone who got uai of 100 and got accepted for EAS for medical reasons, not like they needed it the end though

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Wow, thats insane! They must have been really proud of themselves, to get a 100 UAI with medical problems is brilliant :D

xxxx8888

HSC
didn't apply for it

my friend on the other hand got UAI points from every uni

5 from usyd
10 from uts
4 from mac

she didn't mention the other uni's

she's set on going to mac though

Monstar

HSC
I know of a girl last year who just before her trials got into a terrible car accident and ended up with a bruised heart. Docs said she shouldnt do the exams cause the stress may cause complications. THe last i heard of her was that she got 10 extra from syd, 5 extra from maq and 5 from UTS or NSW.

I think shes doing commerce at maq, she ended up witha reasonable uai anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)