eas anyone? (1 Viewer)

M@ster P

HSC
i was just wondering how many of you guys have applied/are going to apply for eas?
and for what reasons (if you don't mind sharing).

i've never really considered eas up till now. i guess i just naively believed that things would get better. i know that eas is a big deal, and i don't want to be one of those mark-scabbers. there's just some pretty bad shit going down. but there are probably people more disadvantaged than me who deserve it more than i do so i thought i'd ask, just to get some perspective.

dude apply especially if you genuinely deserve it. If you don't apply then you will never get it, it could be the difference between making into your desired uni course.

pandaaMONIA

HSC
Father died recently, suicide.
YA, Single parent, etc.

When does EAS actually open?

yups

HSC
dude apply especially if you genuinely deserve it. If you don't apply then you will never get it, it could be the difference between making into your desired uni course.
ONLY if you genuinely deserve it .. the mark scabbers are ridiculous .. my friend's mum died last month but my friend isn't even applying . it's sad to see that people that actually should apply don't while some take advantage and apply for the most bullshit reasons .. @ OP: you asked others what their reasons are... what's your reason? (if you don't mind sharing).

Shoot4stars

HSC
YA, Single parent, etc.

I think around September it would be after or before the HSC,
well last year it was september.
Sorry for your loss by the way

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
ONLY if you genuinely deserve it .. the mark scabbers are ridiculous .. my friend's mum died last month but my friend isn't even applying . it's sad to see that people that actually should apply don't while some take advantage and apply for the most bullshit reasons .. @ OP: you asked others what their reasons are... what's your reason? (if you don't mind sharing).
i'm sorry about your friends mum. it's really brave of people to continue their schooling unaided even after things like that =(

i don't really want to share here, but i'll pm you? yeahh.

YA, Single parent, etc.

i'm sorry for your loss =(
(these are the type of people who i think genuinely deserve eas).

Last edited:

jellybelly59

HSC
I'm sorry if this offends people and i seem disingenuous but you guys really need to apply for it. You need to play the game. No matter what people say it makes a difference esp. if you are aiming for the higher atar cutoffs and considering they can cull you from the list even if you are 0.05 means EAS holds greater significance in the time when a couple of questions can prevent you from doing the course you want. APPLY ANYWAY - it's the board of studies that deems what is disadvantageous. Don't shy away because people scrutinise you and say - 'you don't seem disadvantaged'. That's bullshit. When so many people are applying for it - some of which are really not disadvantaged in any sense - you are the one that's truly disadvantaged by not applying for it. I'm not saying make up some crap and get some dodgy medical evidence but skim through the document provided by UAC and see if you fit any of the criteria for disadvantage and APPLY.

nonsenseTM

HSC
don't see much point in it cos you can't add it upon bonus points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)