EAS at UC (1 Viewer)

annastar

HSC
So I totally flunked the HSC (my exams were pretty good, but my assessment sucked and I had low-scaling subjects). I know that with UC, I recieve 5 bonus points automatically - Because I'm rural/regional - and I've also applied for the EAS scheme, with four different disadvantages accepted by UAC.

My UAI was 57.8. My first preference is B Arts International Studies/B Management at 76.10... What are my chances?

Thanks.

beststreet

HSC
N/A
we have the same first preference, thats cool. i live in wagga and we are the only town in the region that doesnt come under EAS for UC's rural entry scheme. i got a 75.2 and im hoping they take me, or ill just do management and try to get the double degree 6 months in.

heres what i did, go to uc site, wmail anni dugdale (course convenor of management). when i asked about ym chances of acceptance she was quite optimistic. apparently there is a low enrolment and massive drive to fill these places so good luck. but yea email her and ask about the situation.

annastar

HSC
Cool, thanks.

You're in Wagga? I'm in Cootamundra. It's funny that you're not incuded in the rural entry scheme - I guess because of CSU.

What language are you wanting to do? I'm hoping for arabic - cross intitution at ANU - but if that can't happen, Chinese.

psychochondriac

HSC
annastar said:
Cool, thanks.

You're in Wagga? I'm in Cootamundra. It's funny that you're not incuded in the rural entry scheme - I guess because of CSU.
wow i'm from grenfell hehe(other side of young if you've never heard of it). plus i am doing international studies too(maybe), except with law.

umm being from coota, uc offers 5 uai points for coming from the canberra region or something. i'm sure coota was included in there. i don't think you'll be able to get that AND eas(ie 10 extra points), but it should be reassuring to know that should you not qualify for one, you might get the other? and i think you're automatically considered for that, without having to fill out forms through uac and stuff. dunno if that helps!

here we go: http://www.canberra.edu.au/announcements/current/regional-bonus/more

if you go down and click on the fact sheet, that should help.

annastar

HSC
Haha, sweet. Yeah, UC awards successful EAS applicants bonus points in addition to the 5 regional points. I've had to nut it out because I'm scared, with such a low UAI, that I'd waste prefences. Coota's included.

What language do you want to study?

Haha yeah, I know Grenfall - I've never been there though. How far away from Young?

Edit: I meant Grenfell... GRENFELL! My gorr.

Last edited:

beststreet

HSC
N/A
i wanna do spanish, but if i get in, ill defer to 2008, pick up some more hours at gloria jeans during this yr and try to learn some spanish basics before hittin up the lectures

have you checked out the B international business and languages degree at UNE, i think i actually prefer it to the UC course, but canberra is so much more convenient

psychochondriac

HSC
annastar said:
Haha, sweet. Yeah, UC awards successful EAS applicants bonus points in addition to the 5 regional points. I've had to nut it out because I'm scared, with such a low UAI, that I'd waste prefences. Coota's included.

What language do you want to study?

Haha yeah, I know Grenfall - I've never been there though. How far away from Young?

Edit: I meant Grenfell... GRENFELL! My gorr.
lol you know GRENFELL?! :jaw: holy mackarel that is outstanding.

yeah grenfell is 50km northwest of young, i think. its a hole. seriously, if you're coming this way, just stop at young. at least it has shops.

10 bonus points is pretty good. i think you've got a fair chance of getting in with those, plus i've heard a fair few stories of UC letting people in that were a fair way below the published cut off.

Spanish!! because the girl at their open day back in august did it, and she was saying how she went to south america, and now i'm all giddy and wanna go dance with brazillians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)