EAS Rorting Has To Stop (1 Viewer)

Dupain

HSC
1) Stop being so butthurt.

2) Don't tell other people to do applied maths when there is people here who you couldn't even hold a candle to.
lol EAS right here defo. Age of entitlement like Abbott says that we are living in. entitlement to cheat.

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
You should do applied mathematics.

20,000 applications .....

You always know the strugglers in the course were EAS.
Even if this was true, what does it have to do with you
How does it affect you in any way

Boombam

HSC
20,000 is kinda hard to believe.

if it is true, majority of them would have been rural/disadvantaged schools, in which there are great disparity in the quality of teaching between rural and urban areas. other things such as illness, if you were sick for 6 months or longer, surely there is some disadvanatge. Therefore, is not 'rorting'.

Dupain

HSC
20,000 is kinda hard to believe.

if it is true, majority of them would have been rural/disadvantaged schools, in which there are great disparity in the quality of teaching between rural and urban areas. other things such as illness, if you were sick for 6 months or longer, surely there is some disadvanatge. Therefore, is not 'rorting'.
2014 was 20,000 2011 was 10,000

2015? 25,000 out 50,000 that go to Uni and 70,000 odd that the HSC.

So 25,000 were FCKED during their HSC? 1/3 of all students were "disadvantaged".

Seriously, you can pick a EAS - they stand out when results come out at Uni. Pretty sure 90% on BOS here are EAS.

Dupain

HSC
Students’ hard luck stories on the march: Doubling of university entry exemption claims
EXCLUSIVE BRUCE MCDOUGALL THE DAILY TELEGRAPH OCTOBER 14, 2014 12:00AM SHARE

Ads By Google
TAFE CoursesGet TAFE Accredited Qualifications Online. DOWNLOAD A Course Guide Nowwww.opencolleges.edu.au
No hardships for these students (see story below) ... Nora Samir, Amy Walburn and Emily T
No hardships for these students... Nora Samir, Amy Walburn and Emily Tjoeng from Randwick Girls High School after the first HSC English exam for 2014. Picture: Adam Taylor
THOUSANDS of year 12 students are claiming bonus points on hardship or disadvantage grounds to gain entry to their preferred UNIVERSITY COURSE, with numbers doubling in the past three years.

The Educational Access Schemes (EAS) — which allow students to top up their score and ENTERa course they would have missed out on — have become an industry as school-leavers seek to qualify under any of six major categories of disadvantage.

The number APPLYING FOR bonus points to enter tertiary institutions has been growing for several years. In 2011 data from the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) showed that 10,813 applied under the program. Now more than 20,000 apply annually.

Students can receive up to a potential 10 extra points that can get them over the line and into a chosen course if they can prove disadvantage such as illness, financial hardship or English-speaking difficulties
. The special provisions — along with a separate scheme allowing year 12 students with special talents such as leadership or other achievements aside from results to gain entry to university while still at school — are changing the face of tertiary institutions.
For Boombam. Straight from NSW BOS.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Please uni is completely different and whether you received entry via EAS or not is purely irrelevant. Also you aren't taking into account people who apply but make it in without the need for those EAS points.

Also another thing is that you can see top ATAR students crumble and vice versa for lower ATAR students occasionally. Same thing for students who received EAS.

And at some unis if you have a disadvantage you can get a few services at uni to help you out so it isn't like a genuine disadvantage is something to discriminate against in terms of performance in life.

Dupain

HSC
Please uni is completely different and whether you received entry via EAS or not is purely irrelevant. Also you aren't taking into account people who apply but make it in without the need for those EAS points.

Also another thing is that you can see top ATAR students crumble and vice versa for lower ATAR students occasionally. Same thing for students who received EAS.

And at some unis if you have a disadvantage you can get a few services at uni to help you out so it isn't like a genuine disadvantage is something to discriminate against in terms of performance in life.
So say for 2015 entry @25,000 EAS entry out of 50,000. So 1 in 2 are living below the poverty line? Sick? Mental Illness? Death? Divorce? Bushfires? (lol) 2013 OWS gave entry to ALL bushfire victims.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
2014 was 20,000 2011 was 10,000

2015? 25,000 out 50,000 that go to Uni and 70,000 odd that the HSC.

So 25,000 were FCKED during their HSC? 1/3 of all students were "disadvantaged".

Seriously, you can pick a EAS - they stand out when results come out at Uni. Pretty sure 90% on BOS here are EAS.

[HR][/HR]

That being said, even if other students are using EAS in an ''unfair way'' (most EAS applications are actually for legitimate reasons) as you claim, just focus on yourself.

I didn't apply for EAS. I guess if I did - might have had a chance to make it into my desired course and desired university after Year 12. Did I start calling people who applied for EAS ''cheaters'' (when it's not even cheating) and make excuses? No.

So what did I do? Got into my desired course at a different university and just kept at it in 1st year. Eventually, got into my desired university too in the end.

I don't see the need to focus on what others are doing in regards to getting to where they want.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
So say for 2015 entry @25,000 EAS entry out of 50,000. So 1 in 2 are living below the poverty line? Sick? Mental Illness? Death? Divorce? Bushfires? (lol) 2013 OWS gave entry to ALL bushfire victims.
Also you aren't taking into account people who apply but make it in without the need for those EAS points.

Dupain

HSC
Even if this was true, what does it have to do with you
How does it affect you in any way
Yep, EAS student will get a pass in their exams but will ALSO lodge a special consideration for sickness etc to get a Distinction or a HD from a D to increase their WAM GPA. They carry on their practices at Uni, it's in their DNA.

Last edited:

Dupain

HSC

[HR][/HR]

That being said, even if other students are using EAS in an ''unfair way'' (most EAS applications are actually for legitimate reasons) as you claim, just focus on yourself.

I didn't apply for EAS. I guess if I did - might have had a chance to make it into my desired course and desired university after Year 12. Did I start calling people who applied for EAS ''cheaters'' (when it's not even cheating) and make excuses? No.

So what did I do? Got into my desired course at a different university and just kept at it in 1st year. Eventually, got into my desired university too in the end.

I don't see the need to focus on what others are doing in regards to getting to where they want.
Ahhh, you are just a survivor RT. Changings schools and Unis every year to get "ahead". Seen your type before. A good worker but a lost soul, no connections with anything or anyone apart from a forum.

Flop21

HSC
You don't even get to know how many EAS points you received. There was a thread before about unis accepting students below cut off, so you'd never know if you got accepted because of that or because EAS.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Ahhh, you are just a survivor RT. Changings schools and Unis every year to get "ahead". Seen your type before. A good worker but a lost soul, no connections with anything or anyone apart from a forum.
Seen your type before too, mate. Under a bridge that is.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I mean, how easy is it to apply for EAS anyways? Can't you just make up a death of your relative or something and say it's been affecting you emotionally so hard that you can't focus on studies - maybe add some tears & parent support = profit?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I mean, how easy is it to apply for EAS anyways? Can't you just make up a death of your relative or something and say it's been affecting you emotionally so hard that you can't focus on studies - maybe add some tears & parent support = profit?
Doesn't work like that.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sure you'd be required to give a death certificate for proof for death of a family member.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)