Easter Show crisis (1 Viewer)

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
did anybody hear about guys that wore ski masks and robbed the Sydney easter show last night?

How funny is that. Well, not really for the security guards that got beat up.

What would they have stolen besides the obvious (money for all of you playing at home). the fairy floss machine? Free ride tickets? What have we come to when we have to rob the bloody easter show?

Generator

HSC
N/A
duckofdoom said:
What have we come to when we have to rob the bloody easter show?
It's no different than taking away an atm or two from any other location, I guess.

mattyg87

HSC
i know and those atm's would have been stocked up for today! they would be like millionares after that...i heard there was like 6 of them!

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
ATMs, arent those things like cemented and bolted into concrete? and weigh like a tonne? thats some hard work required to steal that!!

abey85

HSC
Vangineer said:
ATMs, arent those things like cemented and bolted into concrete? and weigh like a tonne? thats some hard work required to steal that!!

I agree. How would they pull the ATM thing off. I mean 1 ATM might be stealable, but more than 1?

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
i would have gone straight 2 the showbag pavillion...

with these guys but, on the up side, they did rob it b4 the show started, cause after the show there is nothin left other than woodchips and sheep ....if they had done this, we would kiwis...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
theres been so many cases when the robbers just entered a shop or soemtihng and wheeled away the atm. I think its not that hard. but they need a truck or sometihng to put it on . where did they get that and wouldnt people remember the license plate?

Abbeygale

HSC
Or a church. I knew a guy who once burgled a church, and stole their admin computer.

Weren't the ATMs portable extras that had been brought in for the show? Those are a lot easier to shift than ordinary ATMs, particularly when you have a truck.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Abbeygale said:
Or a church. I knew a guy who once burgled a church, and stole their admin computer.

Weren't the ATMs portable extras that had been brought in for the show? Those are a lot easier to shift than ordinary ATMs, particularly when you have a truck.
i would have stolen the holyl water and burnt people with it

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The thing is that it's incredibly easy to get a permit to get into the showground at night - I have a few for various things that I'm doing with the Horticulture pavilion, and most people could quite easily get one as well.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Aren't atms designed to destroy the cash if attempted to be forced open?

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
loll. no that isnt the case where did you hear that? its a federal offence to even damage any of the money!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
krisk85 said:
loll. no that isnt the case where did you hear that? its a federal offence to even damage any of the money!
Don't they use dye bombs? I know some (especially newer) ATM's do in Europe and America do.

Last edited:

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Yeah, those small ATMs in servos would be much easier to steal than the bank ones/ those big ones lodged into the wall. At least that's what I always thought.

Does the idea of stealing an ATM with a bunch of friends appeal to you too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)