easy commerce electives? (1 Viewer)

dizzlemizzle

HSC
can anyone suggest me some, as I need to get distinction to transfer into commerce next year.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Start off doing Commerce core subjects like ACCT1501 or ECON1101 or FINS1612.

Bobbo1

HSC
yep, what are some WAM boosting commerce electives? Heard Info systems was good? True?

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
false if you hate group assignments.
INFS is not only boring, it has 2x15% group assignments requiring more time than they're worth. As with many of the tutorial questions your expected to post into a discussion board. ~500 words for a question you can thoroughly answer in 1 sentence. Rinse and repeat.

Weekly 10 minute quizzes worth 10%? The whole courses prides itself on feedback yet this quiz, once you answer you can't go back to reanswer or even review your questions again to see what you get wrong.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
yep, what are some WAM boosting commerce electives? Heard Info systems was good? True?
nah, the tutors mark pretty harshly. one of my friends who had background infosys knowledge already ended up with a credit only, I don't know anyone who has ended up with a DN or higher for this subject yet. the course might have changed since I've done it though

I would recommend ECON1101 esp if you did economics in high school

Bobbo1

HSC
so what about the business and the law subject? or marketing? I just need 1 more elective (already picked macro econ, acct 1b, fins1613)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Accounting 1B? Have you done accounting 1A first?

ochaguy

HSC
Marketing fundamentals is piss easy fluff (requires groupwork but you could technically do the whole assignment by yourself)

LEGT1710 requires a bit more thinking but is pretty straight forward. Will suit you better if you like hard, solid concepts. Just remember to sign up to Leila Cejnar's lectures and you'll be sweet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)