Easy first year science units (1 Viewer)

ILikesTheSchool

HSC
Hey guys,
I have a need to kill off two first year science units and was wondering what you guys recommend. I've done the psyc1001 and psyc1002 already, and am hoping for a unit that does not require lab work.

Dariyoon

HSC
history & philosophy of science (HPSC). although from what ive heard it requires a fair bit of essay writing

scroates

fresh meat
HSC
HPSC subjects are normally pretty easy, bioethics is a nice easy one but its a sem 1 subject, if your looking for a sem 2 subject maybe try introductory logic

spence

HSC
HPSC subjects are normally pretty easy, bioethics is a nice easy one but its a sem 1 subject, if your looking for a sem 2 subject maybe try introductory logic
Logic is in arts, not science

ILikesTheSchool

HSC
Thanks for the input guys. But I'll pass on HPSC, essay writing is definately not one of my strong points.

What do you guys think about computational science or geoscience units? Are they difficult? And are they interesting?

MongMan

HSC
Thanks for the input guys. But I'll pass on HPSC, essay writing is definately not one of my strong points.

What do you guys think about computational science or geoscience units? Are they difficult? And are they interesting?
For CSOS, what kind of mathematical background do you have?

DayOT

HSC
INFO1103 (Intro to Programming) doesn't require prerequisites/assumed knowledge in anything. It's run by SIT/Engineering but counts as a science unit. The course walks you through the basics of Java and there are 2-hour (computer-based) tutes/labs.

I found it both easier and more enjoyable than psych. No essays, for a start.

watsthebuzz

HSC
Hey guys,
I have a need to kill off two first year science units and was wondering what you guys recommend. I've done the psyc1001 and psyc1002 already, and am hoping for a unit that does not require lab work.
Okay, even though it has a lab, Living Systems is really good!!! Everyone enjoyed it last year, and no one had a bad thing to say about it. Greg Sword who runs it, is really awesome and you should definitely do it.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Have you done any MATH units? There is no 'lab' work and some of them are really easy especially if you're mathematically inclined.

watsthebuzz

HSC
Hey i did human bio in sem 1 and i am planning to do molecular biology for sem 2.. but i really like bio and want to switch one of my other subjects to living systems... so i do both molecular and living systems for sem 2... wud i find it hard with living systems, because i didnt do concepts in sem 1? (on course website it says do living systems if you did concepts in sem 1 ) or is it totally different.. i did pretty well in hsc bio and did well in human bio..

Nope Living Systems is pretty easy and fun to learn. The exam is all multiple choice questions. However, MBLG is pretty hard compared to Living Systems

ILikesTheSchool

HSC
Have you done any MATH units? There is no 'lab' work and some of them are really easy especially if you're mathematically inclined.
If i could I would do more maths :). But I have to do 2 junior science units other than maths.

Nope Living Systems is pretty easy and fun to learn. The exam is all multiple choice questions. However, MBLG is pretty hard compared to Living Systems
Thats a bonus. How many hours are required for the week?

watsthebuzz

HSC
Yeh, its pretty easy to handle. The labs are every week...I've forgotten how long they are, possibly 4 hours or even 3? There are no tutorials.

JustAnotherOne

HSC
PHYS1500 is one of the easiest units in the uni, I reckon.

It has no labs, just easy-to-use computer simulations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)