EASY guitar tabs! (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I've had a guitar for about 3 years, and was pretty into it for the first 6 months, and have barely picked it up since, and have forgotton absolutely everything! But now that I've got so much time on my hands I've decided to get off my arse and get back to it.

Can anyone recommed any good tab sites for a beginner? I've tried looking for some, but haven't found any good ones...I want to find some for fairly modern songs (ie-ones that I'll actually know!), that don't go into different tuning sor anything like that.

Or if anyone just knows of a couple of easy songs that I can look up myself, that'd be good too.

Thanks!

GJ_JOE

blood brother
smoke on the water :)
i don't play or own my own guitar but my friend taught it to me in like 10 seconds today!....though its only two notes hehehe

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
umm i have a couple of sites that i used to use when i was guitar crazy... mind u this was only for like a week or so! :D

link 1

link 2

if u still cant enuff, let me know n i'll give u a few more... hope that helps!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
remember u can buy guitar tabs at any good music stores for like 5-10 bucks... not that much really... normal tabes are like 15 these days... where i get them anyway

Twintip

Wow, I can't believe no one has suggested this yet, go to MxTabs, the one-stop site for guitar tabs. There are plenty of easy ones there too, just stay away from solos and messy chord progressions. :) They have a massive archive of tabs too, like fricken huge, all free too. :cool:

BTW, the easiest tab in the world has to be Smells Like Teen Spirit. :p

I'm left handed so I subconsciously invert all the right-handed tabs. When people watch me play something left-handed off a right-handed tab they think it's weird, but it seems natural to me now. haha

Last edited:

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Thanks guys!:D

Now I just have to get my fingers used to playing again...I'd forgotton how much it hurts your fingers at first. :(
And maybe I should also invest in some new strings-I haven't changed them since I bought the guitar 3 years ago, lol!

HSC
www.tabcrawler.com is also good for Tabs.

As for beginner tabs, nothings easier and more recognisable than Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit", theres only two simple riffs to learn and simple solo.

"Disarm" and "Today" by the Smashing Pumpkins would also be and good and simple songs to play (I'm assuming your a fan based on your avatar and user name).

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by mlagana
what sort of guitar?
Just a regular old acoustic.:)

mercurydrinker-I would have thought disarm and today would both be pretty hard, (hard for a beginner, at least) but I will try to find both of them and give it a shot.;)

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Umm... 'Baker Street' by the Foo Fighters is:

A) Bluddy good.

B) Simple (Rhythm guitar, not lead electric. :D )

Have a listen to the song (I'm not good enough to tab the rhythm properly), and the chords for the chorus are _simple_.

Umm... I've attached the lyrics *Crosses fingers and hopes*

Attachments

HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings

mercurydrinker-I would have thought disarm and today would both be pretty hard, (hard for a beginner, at least) but I will try to find both of them and give it a shot.;)
If you know how to play power chords then Today should be simple (there's also that cutsey riff at the beginning which is easy and fun to play), and if you know the basic open string chords then disarm shouldn't be too hard either.

It's just a shame you don't have an electric, that way you could shift between distortion and clean in Today, which sounds sweet :)

baby_femme

HSC
Always remember,
"One WEEK without practice, Makes one WEAK!!!"
When you want to learn something, time is always involved ...
Anyway, i'm using ultimate-guitar.com and azchords.com as my tablature reference... Right now videos are availabe if you want to learn some new guitar chord tricks / styles in playing... :headbang::music:

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
Always remember, When you want to learn something, time is always involved ...
Anyway, i'm using ultimate-guitar.com and azchords.com as my tablature reference... Right now videos are availabe if you want to learn some new guitar chord tricks / styles in playing... :headbang::music:
Yeah UG is usually my first stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)