• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Eating coffee beans (1 Viewer)

dionb2014

HSC
Hey forum,
I was wondering if anyone has tried eating coffee beans in order to stay up to study more. I suppose it is pure coffee but does it really work and have any of you tried it first hand. It's just I have a big bowl of coffee beans and I was wondering if it will help me to stay up and study.

Fake-Name

HSC
Hey forum,
I was wondering if anyone has tried eating coffee beans in order to stay up to study more. I suppose it is pure coffee but does it really work and have any of you tried it first hand. It's just I have a big bowl of coffee beans and I was wondering if it will help me to stay up and study.
I've done this. Not to study, just when my sleeping patterns are messed up. It helps a bit (possibly a placebo effect), but ultimately, within an hour or so, you are left even more tired than before...

You're at the beginning of year 12, you dont need to stay up to study. Cramming knowledge might be beneficial weeks before the HSC, but not when learning the courses.

dionb2014

HSC
I actually haven't finished year 9 yet but my yearlies are in a week. I might just eat 50 of them when I get tired and see what happens

dionb2014

HSC
But aren't there like 25 of them in a cup of coffee?
I wouldn't risk death for year 9 yearlies but I'm sure it would be worth the risk for some year 12's if it was effective.

Fake-Name

HSC
I wouldn't risk death for year 9 yearlies but I'm sure it would be worth the risk for some year 12's if it was effective.
Or, alternatively, you could try one or two and see if it has any effect on you. From there you can judge how much would be too much... I wouldn't just pop 50 into my mouth and sit around hoping not to die. That's just me.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'm not a coffee expert, I don't drink much coffee either, so I have no idea :p. I'm just imagining some strong ass coffee beans. Eat as many as you wish, but the HSC isn't worth risking your life over. You're in year 9, and you're exaggerating a little bit. When you get to year 12, you lose motivation, you lose your willpower. Everyone thinks "I'm gonna study 24/7 for hsc" when in year 9/10/11.... but they don't. Lol. Just stick to a regular routine and find some leisure time for yourself. If you commit to studying 24/7 you will lose all motivation before year 12 even begins.

dionb2014

HSC
I'm not a coffee expert, I don't drink much coffee either, so I have no idea :p. I'm just imagining some strong ass coffee beans. Eat as many as you wish, but the HSC isn't worth risking your life over. You're in year 9, and you're exaggerating a little bit. When you get to year 12, you lose motivation, you lose your willpower. Everyone thinks "I'm gonna study 24/7 for hsc" when in year 9/10/11.... but they don't. Lol. Just stick to a regular routine and find some leisure time for yourself. If you commit to studying 24/7 you will lose all motivation before year 12 even begins.
I am completely aware that the MAJORITY of people loose motivation and do not study "24/7" during the HSC. I am also aware that the whole point you have made has left me completely defenseless as am in the years that you specified. I can say that I will be different and study many more hours than most people but again I MIGHT just be like everyone else that says that. Then again I MIGHT not be.

HelenaJean

HSC
ew! dude, that is NOT the way to go about a caffeine hit.
can of coke = 30mg
chocolate bar = 50mg
teaspoon of instant coffee = 60mg
red bull = 80mg
no doz = 100mg
filtered coffee = 100mg
most other energy drinks = c.170mg (changes with brand)
lethal dose = 10 grams.

i use no-doz and red bull for caffeine and it keeps me going perfectly, no bitter coffee beans necessary.

sleep is the better alternative but caffeine is my God atm, so i can't talk ;P
just don't over do it, yeah?

edit: just had a read of the 50 bean idea.
Once again, ew.
But honestly you will shake like a shit house in a hurricane on that much. i get jittery at about 300mgs and i practically live off the stuff. When i crash after taking that much at once my muscles go really weird, can't walk down stairs without the handrail. Caffeine's hardly a hardcore drug but if you wanna use it for study, using too much won't help at all.

Last edited:

dionb2014

HSC
just reading there are about 5mg of caffeine per average bean. Doesn't really sound right. If I popped 50 according to that it probably would fu*& me up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)