• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Eating habits.. (1 Viewer)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
Our canteens were suppose to be full of healthy food, because of that healthy food scheme, but I don't think it went well :p

Our prices have also gone up, well it does every year ;)
hahah healthy food?!?! The chicken burger tastes like something died inside or something..

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Just wondering about the other schools,... Did your teachers try to take the soft drink vending machine away as well?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
lilkiwifruit said:
Just wondering about the other schools,... Did your teachers try to take the soft drink vending machine away as well?
our school doesn't even have a soft drink vending machine lol.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
yes soft drinks are all gone. what we need in schools is like a lil coffee shop. without coke i have lost my caffeine hit :(

passion89

HSC
bobness said:
yes soft drinks are all gone. what we need in schools is like a lil coffee shop. without coke i have lost my caffeine hit :(
Along with removing soft drinks and vending machines, my school have put in an in-school cafe. It's actually quite cool (cept for the crap it sells and serves) but yeah heaps of coffee, latte, choc milk and more crap like that.

The cafe itself is classy and could rival with an actual street cafe (not really just tryin to make my school look good). :apig:

vg_woz_here

HSC
our school had a chocolate and a soft drink vending machine..but they got rid of it..so sad =(

wished our school had a cafe...

P

pLuvia

lilkiwifruit said:
hahah healthy food?!?! The chicken burger tastes like something died inside or something..
Comeon it's not that bad :p

lilkiwifruit said:
That was going to happen to us?

taki999

HSC
ha....impossible. Then our school would earn nothing, but there are more pplz buying water at school. I mean dont people have enough of water at home?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
OMFG I WANT A LIL COFFEE CAFE PLACE

some people obviously go to private schools here :p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
bobness said:

start a caffeine black m arket in your school .. you'll make a lot off money!! :)

haha
we still have some soft drinks.. all diet though. i never drink it at school .. rip off and unhealthy.

WATER POWER!!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
vg_woz_here said:
our school canteen sux coz its all 'supposedly" healthy.. so i dont even bother eating lunch @ school

how would u guys rate ur canteen?
6/10
Evil canteen lady though.
There are these chicken salsa wraps they make fresh everyday..cold ones too and the chicken is ALWAYS frozen :S ..idiots.

Everything is lowfat/lowsugar.
So yeah If I need a sugar hit - I have to race over to Maccas/or Claries: Gormet Takeaway food shop and pray I don't get attacked by my deputy principal.

Nothing is oily except for the low fat pies/sausagerolls/spinach and ricotta rolls.
Meat is either the kind in pies/sausagerolls/hamburgers and there's alot of chicken. Though my canteen has a particularly decent catering service for vegetarians (no i'm not one)

There are all kinds of specials everyday which is nice but I refuse to eat the hamburgers. Canteen seems to worship a weird plastic substance they call cheese in their melts. Uhhh...we have homemade mousse and jelly and random things like that.

I give them Kudos for the amazingly delicious yoghurt though...most decadent decent thing there. They put mango and things in it too if you want or plain.

I heard the milks pretty good..honey and caramel and whatever, but i'm not fond of milk. Oh yeah...we have "Wacky Water".

...figures.

Food is wonderful
Most of my free periods with my mates (we share a couple) are spent conversingabout <insert academic topic of the day> between mouthfuls of random foods.

Oh yeah..superdupers. [Fuck]
My first purchase in primary school in my second week of Kindergarten was a bright red (i suspect strawberry) superduper for $0.30c.
Those were the days - then anything overly coloured got outlawed. :(

Outlawed at my high school - our cafe :( (run by seniors and a business studies teacher - sold lollies on the side at bootleg prices...sigh) and as for the vending machines - they got carted off after a term of usage.

Jerks, Bring back our crap.

passion89

HSC
bobness said:

Lol actually no...because we live in such a crap area and go to such a bad school they decided, to get our morale up, to install a nice little cafe lol. Along with that, they also jacked up our 'general contribution school fees' to pay for the damn cafe. :p

passion89

HSC
luscious-llama said:
6/10

So yeah If I need a sugar hit - I have to race over to Maccas/or Claries: Gormet Takeaway food shop and pray I don't get attacked by my deputy principal.
Wow...you can actually run out? Haha we pretty much have 'security guards' guarding every entrance and exit to the school during the whole day. First they take away the grease and fat...then they take away our ability to FIND MORE grease and fat...it's a bloody prison!!!!! Someone stand up to that damn government...ahem...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
passion89 said:
Lol actually no...because we live in such a crap area and go to such a bad school they decided, to get our morale up, to install a nice little cafe lol. Along with that, they also jacked up our 'general contribution school fees' to pay for the damn cafe. :p
lol they gave laptops to the year 7's and also they get to use all this new technology. should give it to us year12's ! >=/

passion89

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
lol they gave laptops to the year 7's and also they get to use all this new technology. should give it to us year12's ! >=/
Yeah whats with that?? It seems like the '06'ers are getting ripped off the most. Just as the most important grade in the history of education prepares to leave, every other grade's richer and every school suddenly has much more money to spend on other grades!!! Haha sorry I'm just bitter :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
passion89 said:
Yeah whats with that?? It seems like the '06'ers are getting ripped off the most. Just as the most important grade in the history of education prepares to leave, every other grade's richer and every school suddenly has much more money to spend on other grades!!! Haha sorry I'm just bitter :p
That's how our school markets it's product, in order to persuade students to join ! but bl for the year7's because next year all their technology gets taken away from them and given to the new year7's haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)