Eb (1 Viewer)

Undertoad

HSC
I'm applying for a job at EB and on the application it asks how much i wanna get paid. Does anyone know how much 18 yr olds get paid to work there? Or does anyone have a suggestion for what I should write?

- Messiah -

HSC
N/A
Undertoad said:
I'm applying for a job at EB and on the application it asks how much i wanna get paid. Does anyone know how much 18 yr olds get paid to work there? Or does anyone have a suggestion for what I should write?
How did you get the form? The managers just tell me to hand in my resume. No form was given to me, not at any stores i've applied so far.

Undertoad

HSC
Yea i tried EB at hornsby first and i just had to leave my resume but at the Rhodes store they gave me an application to fill out as well as wanting a resume and cover letter.
Thanks 4 the advice.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
something simple everyone needs to know. the minimum wage an 18yo is supposed to get on weekdays as a part time worker is $9.09.

Undertoad

HSC
$9.09 isn't very good. I'd be happy with $14 but is it best to not push it and write award? I already think my chances of getting a job there are low cause im a girl even though i do like games.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha you're a girl? Doesn't that mean you should have better job prospects since you appeal to the target market? ;)

Undertoad

HSC
You could tell that to the manager for me and why'd you laugh?

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
something simple everyone needs to know. the minimum wage an 18yo is supposed to get on weekdays as a part time worker is $9.09.
is that prior to tax?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
so what about weekends, and as a casual

my friend works at Target and she gets 11.60 an hour err I work with a 15 yr old, she gets 7, a 22 year old gets 15.60, and I'm not getting paid as yet, so that's fucked.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Undertoad said:
You could tell that to the manager for me and why'd you laugh?
I didn't thinks chicks actually wanted to work at EB admist the crowds of males and clueless-parents.

Btw my friend had an interview for EB the other day- he said they asked him a few Q's about gaming and upcoming consoles, etc... but then if it's anything like Sanity then you don't need "a lot of real knowledge" since they'll brief you on major news.

cherryblossom said:
so what about weekends, and as a casual

my friend works at Target and she gets 11.60 an hour err I work with a 15 yr old, she gets 7, a 22 year old gets 15.60, and I'm not getting paid as yet, so that's fucked.
I thought I heard Target paid about $15/hr for 18 year olds... and that it progressively increased as age increased (assuming time worked there also increases).

tez0r said:
is that prior to tax?
Presumably so, but then at that pay rate for a student working part time- I don't think it'll be enough to surpass the tax-free threshold.

P

pLuvia

rnitya_25 said:
I don't think it's that low, would it be? I thought it would be like $10 at least, oh well :) I'm unemployed now, so it doesn't worry me yet :p

xxFiveWords

HSC
anyone going to the group interview on friday? and has anyone been to any of their interviews?

ohdato

HSC
They still hiring?, I noticed their ads on Seek the other week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)