ebay!!! (1 Viewer)

baby706

who buys clothes off ebay and what things have you bought so far? any bad experiences?

so far ive bought...

- cute vintage leather bag
- mimco leather wallet with jewel on the front (love it- $70 off ebay when its $140 in djs)
- white polo hoody with pink pony logo on the back
- off white sass & bide 'the butterfly man' singlet

i also started selling things! I love ebay so much :D

HSC
I bought some REAL polo ralph lauren polos from eBay... direct from a retail shop in the states...
and I bought some perfume too but thats not clothes... meh

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Bad experiences seem to be less common than people expect. I've gotten myself into a few stupid situations (ie buying the wrong thing, or giving a buyer a bank account number which was closed...), but it all works out in the end. If you're careful, you're right: look at feedback, look at the 'professionalness' of the ebay page, talk to the seller... Balance all these agains the cost of the transaction to you if it all goes wrong, (ie buying a laptop for $2000 off someone from malaysia with a feedback of 3, on small items might be considered a little naive) and these should be enough to keep you out of most troublesome transactions...

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
From what I remember I've bought 5 model cars, a few tops, some cross stitch kits, a few cookbooks, and my current phone. Only ever had two 'bad' experiences though they were nothing too bad:

1) Bought a 1:24 scale model car which was supposed to be a yellow lancer evo but I received a green mitsubishi eclipse. Also they charged me $25 for really dodgy postage cos it came in this massive box with no padding. It should've only cost about 5 bucks.
2) Paid for a cross stitch kit but I never got it. Was only like 4 bucks though so didn't bother me.

It's funny when you see expensive items starting at $1, but no one bids because of the postage costs. For example some dodgy scammer is trying to flog swords for $1 each, yet postage is around $120, which is way more than what it should be

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I have no idea how to use ebay :S

I want to sell something on it but i don't know how...:(

heybraham

HSC
it's pretty easy to sell (i've never sold before, i love to keep random stuff) but all you do is click the 'sell' tab next to my ebay at the top menu bar and the first thing you'll see is an indepth tutorial.

i hate ebay tho...i get addicted to it, i spent a whole weekend looking for cheap stuff instead of studying once

tempco

HSC
yenta said:
From what I remember I've bought 5 model cars, a few tops, some cross stitch kits, a few cookbooks, and my current phone. Only ever had two 'bad' experiences though they were nothing too bad:

1) Bought a 1:24 scale model car which was supposed to be a yellow lancer evo but I received a green mitsubishi eclipse. Also they charged me $25 for really dodgy postage cos it came in this massive box with no padding. It should've only cost about 5 bucks.
2) Paid for a cross stitch kit but I never got it. Was only like 4 bucks though so didn't bother me.

It's funny when you see expensive items starting at $1, but no one bids because of the postage costs. For example some dodgy scammer is trying to flog swords for $1 each, yet postage is around $120, which is way more than what it should be
only stupid, gullible people actually bid at the amount that their willing to pay for without factoring in the shipping costs. and that's what these sellers are aiming to do anyway.

and as far as ebay goes, they aren't scaming. postage and handling can cost as much as the seller wants to charge for it. as soon as you bid, you're accepting the contract, and the seller's s&h price.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I use eBay sometimes, but carefully.
I've never had a bad experience or been ripped off...
I've bought vintage clothes, regular clothes, a playstation & some games, a pair of doc martens for $30... I love eBay.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i bought some earrings off ebay, they were handmade and soooo pretty

my dad bought me a baby g watch off ebay and hes also bought a phone and a camera

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
A good way to use ebay is to go to the store, try on clothes and make a note of the size and exact style of the item you like, then go onto ebay and look for that exact item. its worked for me heaps of times. Ive bought:

Polo tee
slouch boots
chloe bag
vintage flapper dress
roller skates
sass and bide jeans
tiffany & co bracelet
vinyl turntable

Just be careful with electronics. a friend of mine bought a dodgy camera. Make sure the pic is the same as the product. any serious discrepancies can be settled with the ebay board.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
*bump*

I buy a lot of second-hand books off ebay. I'm hesitant about bidding a lot for clothes or shoes on the chance they don't fit or suit me. But the items I have bought I've been happy with. It's annoyingly addictive.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
i bought a shirt off ebay and when i got it there were cum stains on it LOL

im wearing it now :p
hahhahahahah good shit man, anyone buy CK undies with skid marks on em?

HSC
yenta said:
That's actually against the eBay Listing Policies and you can report them for that.

I've bought my fair share of random stuff.

I think the most expensive thing i've bought on eBay is a phone (~$400), cheapest being a $50 DJs voucher for $3.50 incl postage :)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
lol yenta, i was looking up mahjong sets for my boyfriend, and yeah there were some going for $0.99, but the postage was bloody $180!! they're probably waiting for noobs to bid or something.

my friend's been using my account to sell heaps of stuff (coz he has no feedback)... tis all good :p

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ive bought:
a bag
a belt
mobile phone
earrings
keyring (haha it was a random joke for a random person)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)