ECMT1010 thread (1 Viewer)

lgaica

HSC
had my first lecture today, we had this crazy russian dude who was filling in for the first week, he was kinda funny but lame at the same time, it only went for 40 mins so it was all good

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
Were you in the 1pm, Stream 2 lecture?

I find him hiliarious - in a cold, cynical kind of way. Maybe it's his monotonous russian accent, or his "chinese doesnt matter" attitude. Could've even been his slightly over the top fascination with the price of water.

Whatever it was, I'm actually looking forward to tomorrows stats :rofl:

kony

HSC
aaah he talked about the price of water in the 3pm lecture as well.

also.. "did you use blackboard?"

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
he added some new ones today - i think hes trying to keep things fresh.

considering the content (BBOOORRRINNGGGG), i have to hand it to him - he keeps everyone alert and attentive lolol. is he a fill in or a permanant lecturer?

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Was it Dr. Vasnev by any chance because I got him for regression modelling and i spent the entire 2 hours today trying not to crack up, the jokes are so funny and the accent just adds to the humour

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
Raven3333 said:
Was it Dr. Vasnev by any chance because I got him for regression modelling and i spent the entire 2 hours today trying not to crack up, the jokes are so funny and the accent just adds to the humour
yeah, that would be him lol

Big Small

HSC
This subject blows mighty cock.

It's only been 3 weeks but WHAT THE FUCK? Does this shit get any better in future? Better as in giving us real knowledge not remembering stupid formulas without due explanation? The textbook is complete shit too and I assume the course will continue to be.

Unfortunately an economics major requires this unit and also the one that follows it (ECMT1020 - B & E Stat B). More advanced study in economics also possibly requires further shitty units.

Textbook blows, everything about it blows, ... is there a hope in hell?

P.S. I am mathematically minded and have done very well in the past, but I know bullshit when I see it.

morganforrest

HSC
So who's in the 10am lecture on Monday and Wendesday???

The 11am workshop on Wednesday also?

I'm bored as shit

lezzerX

Exploding brain syndrome
HSC
I'm in Daniel Oron's Monday/Wednesday 10am lecture - does anyone else find his accent hilarious? And does anyone have that weird tutor "En"? The guy who was going on about urinals in the first workshop?

lezzerX

Exploding brain syndrome
HSC
Hey ForeverPink, I'm in the weirdo's Monday 3pm workshop - what a laugh! Who are you? I normally sit at the front of the room on the left...

lezzerX

Exploding brain syndrome
HSC
Oh and did anyone else absolutely friggin HATE that stats mid-sem? :burn:

It was so bad! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)