Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
in other words it would have been better to grab the hand outs and walk out? "p

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by mushroom_head
yeah! sort of. gee, now when i come to think about it, i paid $40 for those sheets of paper!
Was the lecture really not worth it?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well, when u think of it...what more can they say that u dont already have in ur textbook or could ask ur teacher to go into depth with? unless they go BEYOND all that but then it would border on irrelevant!!

olay

HSC
so we just email the guy, pay $25 and voila........NOTES?? :D AND ARTICLES?????? *swoons*. :)

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
but seriously, are those notes worth 25 bucks??! more than half of the handout were articles.

Anyway, the registration form was kind of misleading cuz they put Ross Gittens in really huge words to make us think he was gonna come and let us consult him as he's the "economics consultant".
well they made me think he was coming anyway.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
well....there's a really brief summary mostly on the global economy and some of the second topic. Ross gittens articles and some other statistics (not the most recent! >.<)

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Its only $5 per student, there are about 50 students doing ecos and they'll probably all go... so not much - there will be a few other guests as well - economists and HSC markers (past ones) - maybe there will be students from other schools going as well.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
oooh yeah, mr gittings editor of smh economics is coming to my school for lecture ...

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Yeah, its at St Marys High - but I think others are invited - not sure:confused:
yeah, other can go. My teacher recommended that we attend it.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
So who here is going to st marys one ...?

schmackers

HSC
N/A
I don't know about the St Mary's one, but we're going to one on June 17th (i think) with Gittins and some other speakers. I think they're going through all the topics as well as exam techniques. Can't remember how much it costs, but it's at Hurstville. Anyone else going to this one?

kochou

Originally posted by schmackers
I don't know about the St Mary's one, but we're going to one on June 17th (i think) with Gittins and some other speakers. I think they're going through all the topics as well as exam techniques. Can't remember how much it costs, but it's at Hurstville. Anyone else going to this one?

yeh our school's going to that one too, for once it's closer to home :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)