Eco ppl...this is for you (1 Viewer)

Dino The Raja

I hear that in the eco exams it is good to relate to current world economic issues...

well how do you keep in touch with the current world economics....do you just watch the news a lot or are there other ways....

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
there's another thread about this somewhere, in the Economics forum.

but anyway, The Economist is good for up to date current events, and the financial review at times
there are also an abundance of websites u can check that has the latest stuff

Sarah

HSC
N/A
stats from leading edge, watching the news, reading the business section of the paper at school.

also my teacher subcribed to this publication which summarises recent trends. also going to student conferences helps coz they give u notes

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by misatorocks
with a tutor you dont need to bother with that
this tutor will tell you everything you need to know

he got 96 in the exam so he knows wot hes on about

misatorocks@hotmail.com
a tutor doesnt sit the exam for u

and relying on being spoonfed isnt really good preperation for tertiary study...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

and relying on being spoonfed isnt really good preperation for tertiary study...
I agree, you have to get into the habit of being independant and finding stuff for yourself, cause that is what Uni is like.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MinAi

i always though that english tutors dress up as new-arrived immigrants and sit the exam for them ...:D :D :D

and they do assignments and exams at uni as well ...

ShirLz

Another good source is of course T.V. SBS for example has a variety of current affair programs and segments that can provide comprehensive info on economic issues..often providin gr8 arguments n presentin both sides of the coin. This week sometime i think there is a segment on SBS on the pros n cons of protection n free trade in the global economy...i'm not sure of the exact date, but you can actually get the transcript as well as transcripts of the forums they often do on the official SBS website.

Good luck, n if u need help then msn or email me at currys_child@hotmail.com

soz

i actually thought about getting an eco tutor - but in the end i didnt - even though our eco teacher basically taught us nothing the whole year....

and i guess minai's absolutely right !!! (and it also looks like i wont be seeing u at unsw - com/science at sydney dude!!! ha ha )

i think u just gotta do a hell of a lot of reading
when i think about it - last yr i did the 'funny question ' based on external stabiliy or foreign debt and i dont think i used too many stats i think my mind just froze up

but in the end i did ok - u just gotta know what ur going on about

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by soz
but in the end i did ok - u just gotta know what ur going on about
that is so true ... *flood of bad memories about waffling on about something i wasnt sure about in eco (exchange rates essay)* ...:(

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by soz
(and it also looks like i wont be seeing u at unsw - com/science at sydney dude!!! ha ha )

hmm I'm doing commerce/science (adv. maths) at Usyd so I'll prob see u there.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by soz
even though our eco teacher basically taught us nothing the whole year....

and i guess minai's absolutely right !!! (and it also looks like i wont be seeing u at unsw - com/science at sydney dude!!! ha ha )
he was ok!
I dun think I woulda done as well without him....(well...if we had someone better.....)

and how could u!
now Im all by myself doin commerce/arts (maybe) @ UNSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)