Ecof1001 (1 Viewer)

flamhorn

HSC
*bump*

I just downloaded the UoS from this site, and man this course looks like a load of crap.

Anybody beg to differ? :(

icecoffee

HSC
I'm not liking this course very much (my impression from the first class + course outline). It's like a much worse version of HSC english. Thoughts?

Shukie

HSC
Worst subject ever...i did it last year, it's pretty easy but is boring and if it's the same woman, she's really kooky

icecoffee

HSC
Sabine something or rather? Eugh, it's so philosophical and ... just eugh. How did you find the assessments? I'm reading the Science & Ethics article atm and i feel super dumb. =_= It may just be me, but I'm finding hard to understand...

Last edited:

icecoffee

HSC
5 sentences?! Is that even possible? It says one A4 sheet in the course outline...i hope they won't change it!
I freakin loathe this article, it's so verbose!

icecoffee

HSC
Thank God they changed it. 6.5 pages down to one is bad enough, a 5 sentence summary is just crazy. It's probably the same article; it's about ethics, desires, sin, "the Good", subjective/objective values...ARGH! This is gibberish to me.

Shukie

HSC
Hahah yes Sabine...that sci and ethic article sounds about right...i was feelin very stupid tryin to get my head around it and i had the 5 sentence assessment too...i remember having to do an essay, it seemed straight forward at the start, but then we got confused when she was explaining the criteria...it was just really convoluted and confusing and in the end no one in my seminar ended up doing well...truly the most airy-fairy waste of time and money.

icecoffee

HSC
I can't wait till this subject is over. BUT i have to get the stupid oral presentation over and done with first... *massive sigh*

HSC
i hate this subject with a passion. anybody having any trouble doing the summary? biggest load of crap ever. it can't really get any worse at this point.

icecoffee

HSC
Yes, I am. Is it just me, or does article barely even talk about science? I can't even tell what the damn thesis is!

HSC
it's not just you, believe me. it's absolutely horrible. it took me two hours to read it just to get the general gist of what he was saying, but i still don't get it lol. i've written only four sentences :( we didn't even really discuss it in class. gahhh.

icecoffee

HSC
I still don't understand what the whole point of the article is and i haven't written anything! He talks about ethics/values/desires but what the hell is the overall idea?!?! *siiiigh*
We didn't discuss it in class either, we mentioned it briefly and then totally went off on a tangent.
By the way, is there a discussion board for ecof on myuni? Cause she kept saying how we should use it but i can't find one?

HSC
I hate philosophy :( Which class are you in? I'm in the thursday one. The pace of the discussion is wayyy too fast, not to mention the fact that what we talk about it utterly useless and you forget everything that was just discussed about two hours later. I can't find the discussion board either.

icecoffee

HSC
I hate it too! I'm in the wednesday one. The discussions are quite fast and very philosophical. I barely understand what some people are going on about and most of the time just tune out. And i don't think there is a discussion board at all...

Argh! This article is giving me the shits. I have no idea where to start. Stupid, stupid, stupid article...

HSC
All the discussions seem really forced as well because of the participation mark. It's really hard to get a word in too as there are quite a few domineering personalities in my seminar. Ha ha, i love whinging about uni to anybody that will listen.

icecoffee

HSC
LOL dw, i complain to absolutely everybody! ><
I know what you mean my domineering personalities; they raise some good points but it can get rather annoying.

ledzeppelin

HSC
anyone in tuesday's seminar?

edit:
also, wtf are people writing in the journal??

Last edited:
HSC
I'm in the wednesday class now too :) I'm the one with the red hair lol. Anyhow, how bloody difficult is this week's journal? How are we supposed to 'reflect' on essay writing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)