ECON1002 Tute Group thingy (1 Viewer)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
So do you have to present it to the whole class (speach thing) or do u just hand in the written work? for IPs.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
what971 said:
So do you have to present it to the whole class (speach thing) or do u just hand in the written work? for IPs.
Yes you have to present it to the whole class.

ditto.

HSC
20 mins, if i remember correctly.

I was such a gun at Macro, I deserved a D. :(

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
but there's 4 ppl in my group. 20 x 4 = 80min in 1hr tute?

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Each person in your group is responsible for presenting different components of the question to the class.
eg. if the question 1 has (a), (b), (c), (d), parts
you have to present just one (such as part d) part (other ppl present parts you don't present)
but your written answer has to consist of all parts to the question your group is assigned.

I'm not sure if it's like that in EVERY class, so you'd better ask your tutor for clarification. I don't wish to misguide you in any way.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
how come it's 20 minutes? i don't remember seeing anywhere in the UoS or Tute program/doc. that specifies 20 minutes......
I thought there aren't any time restrictions or minimum time set for this.....
cuz don't you just go up and say whatever you've prepared to say and that's it? 5 minutes for each person make it seem like a public speaking contest......

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Kotori said:
I like commenting on random things :) Is it 20 minutes?
it's not random....... :(
I wish there's no time constraint/minimum time for this cuz it makes ppl even more nervous

cimbom

HSC
... I'm in stream5 with Matthew Smith as lecturer (I don't know if that's you or not) but my individual presentation is in week5, and basically I just read out my 500 word response- to the designated tutorial question. Everyone in my group has the same question- there aren't parts to it, it's just really general.

edit: and then hand in the 500 word response- that's what everybody else has done so far in my tute.

Last edited:

alexialight

HSC
I'm in stream 2 and I thought the 500 word thing was only referring to the 1st question of the tute because in the outline it goes on about your response to the question, not questions. I even e-mailed the lecturer asking if we'd be penalised for going over the 500 word limit and she replied: "We'd prefer it if you restricted yourself to 500 words or less because the question is really easy, and you need to demonstrate an ability to answer the question succinctly." So I was really confused when it turned out that we actually have to hand in answers to all of the questions in the tute. I had written an essay type 500 word answer to the first question only! Damn, sucks that I was in the first group up so I had no idea :(

cimbom

HSC
alexialight said:
I'm in stream 2 and I thought the 500 word thing was only referring to the 1st question of the tute because in the outline it goes on about your response to the question, not questions. I even e-mailed the lecturer asking if we'd be penalised for going over the 500 word limit and she replied: "We'd prefer it if you restricted yourself to 500 words or less because the question is really easy, and you need to demonstrate an ability to answer the question succinctly." So I was really confused when it turned out that we actually have to hand in answers to all of the questions in the tute. I had written an essay type 500 word answer to the first question only! Damn, sucks that I was in the first group up so I had no idea :(
wow, i think it was only the first question for the people in my tute last week? i might try and ask my tutor again.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
alexialight said:
are you sure? maybe you have to hand it all of them but the tutor will only mark #1.

alexialight

HSC
tlodg said:
are you sure? maybe you have to hand it all of them but the tutor will only mark #1.
I hope that's all it is. When I only handed in the question 1 response he asked where the rest of the questions were, and when I said I thought it was only the first question he seemed amused and said that it was mentioned several times that it was all of the questions. I think I would have remembered if he said that though seeing as how I was in the first group though, strange.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
alexialight said:
I hope that's all it is. When I only handed in the question 1 response he asked where the rest of the questions were, and when I said I thought it was only the first question he seemed amused and said that it was mentioned several times that it was all of the questions. I think I would have remembered if he said that though seeing as how I was in the first group though, strange.
Perhaps varies with different streams. For example: the course reader is for every other stream except for stream 2. For my class it seems that we only have to hand in the first question, though doing all the questions can make you feel safer and help you understand the content better.

alexialight

HSC
It's all cool now, the lecturer cleared things up during the lecture. It is only meant to be the 1st question ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)