Economics extended response... (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Just got something today from a friend :)

2013 predictions for short answers:
- Eco growth
- bop/cad
- enviro
- globalization case study

Extended response predictions :
- effectiveness of macro ( probs focus on monetary)
- international org/trade- role in globalization and inequalities in economy
- exchange and impact
- labour market and micro reforms
- and maybe enviro via fiscal policy or micro reforms

Thank me later ~,~

Pretty accurate I think because they predicted the case study to be a choice in 2012 and voila , it happened...
lol dat pdf

leesh95

HSC
Case study has almost always been in the exam though so not much of a surprise.

leesh95

HSC
Not to detract from the topic but how many words does everyone here write for an essay.
We did the independent trial that asked for at least 800 but when I look at BOS exemplary responses most of them are more than 12 pages and some without diagrams.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Not to detract from the topic but how many words does everyone here write for an essay.
We did the independent trial that asked for at least 800 but when I look at BOS exemplary responses most of them are more than 12 pages and some without diagrams.
i write between 8-12 pages depending on the essay. I try to keep it at 10 max though, anything more and i'm eating into time for my second essay.

I usually spend about 1 hr on each

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A

I don't really pay attention to how much I write... I just write as much as I can and I try to make sure I've actually answered the question. I usually spend an hour on each essay... So probs an estimate would be 10-12 pages :)

Randox

HSC
N/A
800-1200 words. Personally I aim for 1200+ but that's only because Im quick at multi. 800 would be the minimum. Also its best to have 2 diagrams or more. Not required to get full marks though.

Renegader

HSC
I really don't see why people waste so much time on essays. The multiple choice and short answers together are worth 60 marks, so why only spend an hour on them?

So if you can spend time on multiple choice, get perhaps 19 or 20, and spend an hour or so on short answers and get 38-39-40, and provided you get at least 17 for your essays, you can easily get a band 6.

bhsrepresent

HSC
Id say generally aim for atleast 9 pages. I usually spend about an hour on each essay which is plenty of time to have a clear/ logical structure as well as pump out shittones of quality analysis.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I really don't see why people waste so much time on essays. The multiple choice and short answers together are worth 60 marks, so why only spend an hour on them?

So if you can spend time on multiple choice, get perhaps 19 or 20, and spend an hour or so on short answers and get 38-39-40, and provided you get at least 17 for your essays, you can easily get a band 6.
Or how about this, spend 10 minutes on multiple choice and get 19/20, and then 50-60 minutes on short answers and still get 38 ish.

You still have just under 2 hrs to do 2 essays, that's plenty to get b6 range.

Randox

HSC
N/A
Well I plan to spend 15 minutes on multiple choice and then 55 on short answer and 55 on both essays.

knxd

HSC
Well I plan to spend 15 minutes on multiple choice and then 55 on short answer and 55 on both essays.
will shoot myself if the extended response only offers choice between labour market/micro & environment

NWO

HSC
Lol, macro and micro are pretty common, they gonna change it prob to environment sustainability carbon tax crisis or labour market or something weird

leesh95

HSC
If its exchange rate and macro I will start dancing in the exam room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)