Economics in nearly a week:( (1 Viewer)

mathslover

HSC
Hey all,
How is ur preparation for eco going?
Now that eng is finished, time to really get into eco?
Eco is between my 2 maths exams, so i guess i better start the cramming now.

Is anybody still studying the content or is it just practise practise practise past papers for you?

I personally am thinking of doing PPs and essays and leave case study for last.
Thoughts?

tau281290

HSC
LoL, Eco already? I got Bio and Maths before eco.

I am just reading newspapers as they are far more interesting than the text books xD.

There are so much doom and gloom happening in our world, so we just need to whack some of it in every essay of yours and you will be fine =)

I am reading Newspapers on my case study, and I can BS the rest about it to fit the question.

Last edited:

mathslover

HSC
tau281290 said:
LoL, Eco already? I got Bio and Maths before eco.

I am just reading newspapers as they are far more interesting than the text books xD.

There are so much doom and gloom happening in our world, so we just need to whack some of it in every essay of yours and you will be fine =)
Yup i only have maths before eco =[
Comeup so fast aye? ahh not prepared for essays!!!!
No clue wat theyll ask for, esp the global part!! ahhh =[

tau281290

HSC
Just read tonnes of newspapers on ur case study and you will be good to write a 10 page essay. Especially when you are doing China, newspaper articles are literally in thousands.

They might just ask about the good, old question on protectionism and Australia trade flows in the globalised economy.

But I hate to see a labour market or similar question from Topic 4. I would seriously not choose that.

mathslover

HSC
But dont you study from the textook at all?
comeon, you cant learn the whole syll from newspapers!

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
I have Maths, Food Tech and Biology beforehand. Then I have about 3 days to study for it. It's my last exam so mehh. Economics = gayness. Should be alright though, lol no worries :)

liam9519

HSC
you wouldn't really expect the case study nor labour market seeing they were both essay questions in last year's paper.

And I don't have shit for time to study for eco. I'm going to try and cram 5 papers in with the 9 legal and 8 maths that are my goal between now and then. I think i'll go pretty well so long as I can steer completely clear of any topic 1 questions in the essays. Not a fan of globalisation personally...

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Im not gonna learn anything to do with the current global economy till at least the weekend before.

Stuff is happening so quickly, that global economic policies can completely change within a couple of day. Theres no point learning it now

liam9519

HSC
lol... I'm not sure if I'd go that far.. but seeing I probs wont be studying eco that much till then anyway I guess I won't as well. Economics usually turns out to be sweet because it's all in my brain somewhere, just beforehand I always feel like i know nothing lol.

tau281290

HSC
mathslover said:
But dont you study from the textook at all?
comeon, you cant learn the whole syll from newspapers!
Newspapers pretty much encompass everything within the syllabus as long as yu have been doing revisions every now and then.

CPI figures releasing on 23rd! Gotta check that out for the HSC!

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
a question on financial flows would suit the current context.
exam was written early this year, and although the crisis has been looming *eivdent throught statistics* examiners rnt that into it...it wuld b highly skeptical that they pick it specifically fir this finacial crisis, however its still a possibilty if its in their cycle.

besides i think financial flows may be a little narrow ended for essay?...ny1 disagree

mathslover

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
exam was written early this year, and although the crisis has been looming *eivdent throught statistics* examiners rnt that into it...it wuld b highly skeptical that they pick it specifically fir this finacial crisis, however its still a possibilty if its in their cycle.

besides i think financial flows may be a little narrow ended for essay?...ny1 disagree
meh i got no idea about the essays:S
think it will be on inflation (mostly hope)
been practising essays?
ahahaa ur paki.. :) ...nice:cool:

tau281290

HSC
Q2C-ME said:

Of course they won't ask you about the crisis that is happening now, the paper was written in March.

But anyone able to slab these current issues in would deserve great marks.

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
mathslover said:
meh i got no idea about the essays:S
think it will be on inflation (mostly hope)
been practising essays?
ahahaa ur paki.. :) ...nice:cool:
yes indeed i am...dont i look it?...nd you are?
nd um yea culd possibil b on inflation, hasnt been around since i think 03 or 02ish

tau281290 said:
Of course they won't ask you about the crisis that is happening now, the paper was written in March.

But anyone able to slab these current issues in would deserve great marks.
ohh ofcourse that is a neccesity....i was just referring to the other members actual specific focus on finanical flows.

mathslover

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
yes indeed i am...dont i look it?...nd you are?
nd um yea culd possibil b on inflation, hasnt been around since i think 03 or 02ish

ohh ofcourse that is a neccesity....i was just referring to the other members actual specific focus on finanical flows.
yepo u do..
im indian
fingers crossed for inflation and MP

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
ahkkz kewl...

yer hopefulli...ill b over essays...i got modern before!!!

shakky15

HSC
mathslover said:
fingers crossed for inflation and MP
please please please be on inflation and/or MP ... or micro and macro policies.

globalisation ftl.. same with the case study (is it worth studying a case study?)

please dont be on enviro either. or labour market.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
not ready. LOADS more study needs to be done. i have to get a raw of 90+ in this exam becuase my internals are screwed.

This is actually the exam i'm probably most nervous about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)