Economics predictions/exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

TeheeCat

HSC
Teacher is predicting that it will be either protection or macroeconomic policies, which i agree with. Exchange rates if also a good possibility too.

It better not be environmental sustainability though, i struggle with that lmao

I think macroeconomic policies will definitely be there, considering how both monetary and fiscal policies been on the news this entire year. Especially with RBA's cash rate cut to a historic low of 0.75%

IforgotMyPassword

HSC
My friends predict that it would be on macroeconomics, protection or current account.
The CAD is in surplus so that might be included in the exam. Of course RBA and fiscal policy is also trendy atm.

Bob Jane

HSC
There is no way they don't ask about the Current Account Surplus although probably not in the essay

Hscbuzman

HSC
There is no way they don't ask about the Current Account Surplus although probably not in the essay
That wouldn't have occurred since the exam was written. Plus it still technically in deficit based on yearly results.

Hscbuzman

HSC
Teacher is predicting that it will be either protection or macroeconomic policies, which i agree with. Exchange rates if also a good possibility too.

It better not be environmental sustainability though, i struggle with that lmao

I think macroeconomic policies will definitely be there, considering how both monetary and fiscal policies been on the news this entire year. Especially with RBA's cash rate cut to a historic low of 0.75%
Forget the recent events. The paper is written between FEB-APRIL. So whatever is trendy around then is more likely.

Hscbuzman

HSC
It will likely be inflation and exchange rates in Q25. In Q26 probably protection and effects of Macro policies.

Hscbuzman

HSC
SHORT ANSWER PREDICTIONS: (Obviously not in this order most likely)
Q21 Ext Stability/CAD
Q22 Globalisation with 5 marks on case study (Development)
Q23 Labour Market policies/ UE
Q24 Environment

Hscbuzman

HSC
how would the answer be C please (2018 eco paper)? @Hscbuzman
View attachment 27450
B is less equal in income as it is further from line of equality. Decreasing the top tax rate makes the taxation less progressive therefore making the automatic stabilisers less effective thus making income less equal. Therefore it will move towards B as it is less equal now.

HSC
B is less equal in income as it is further from line of equality. Decreasing the top tax rate makes the taxation less progressive therefore making the automatic stabilisers less effective thus making income less equal. Therefore it will move towards B as it is less equal now.
thanks so much, you rock!!!

lalajellyjoy

HSC
i barely studied for case study lmao and guessed half the mc AHHA rip

dotwingz

HSC
does anyone have a copy of the paper?

EDIT: or just q24 lmao?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)