• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Economics scaling? (3 Viewers)

michael1990

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
However, I have also heard that the HSC is all about the 'ranking' and not the marks you get. I'm quite concerned about this!
You have heard correct.

Make sure you rank well in every subject, meaning top 5.

Also the marks do play a small role. But ranking is the most important.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
i think the question is which subject do you like better/ get better marks in - jap or maths
Well I've come first in maths in the grade every year since year 7. And with Japanese I've been coming second in the grade every year since year 8 (topped it in year 7 ;D). So I'm pretty much divided ...

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Well I've come first in maths in the grade every year since year 7. And with Japanese I've been coming second in the grade every year since year 8 (topped it in year 7 ;D). So I'm pretty much divided ...
which one do you enjoy more?

are you currently coming first in ext. 1 maths. if so i would be leaning towards maths if i were you.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
which one do you enjoy more

are you currently coming first in ext. 1 maths. if so i would be leaning towards maths if i were you.
I haven't really had a maths 3u exam yet so I don't really know. I'm kinda waiting to have about 2-3 exams before making my choice.
I personally have a love-hate relationship with each of the subjects. Japanese I hate it when I have to study it, but I love it when I'm in class and the learning environment is really good.
With Maths, I hate it when I don't get things, but I usually have a firm grip on things. I love it when I do though :p

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
With Maths, I hate it when I don't get things, but I usually have a firm grip on things. I love it when I do though :p
same :D

leoyh

mic`
HSC
economics scales the same as chemistry or around there i'm told. which is great in my opinion considering economics is much easier to understand and apply

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
leoyh said:
economics scales the same as chemistry or around there i'm told. which is great in my opinion considering economics is much easier to understand and apply
I don't do chem, but I had a taste of it in the junior years and I really prefer economics more. It's so much more interesting and fun :D

me121

Premium Member
HSC
leoyh said:
I doubt it is exactly the same, rather it may be similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)