Economics State Rank Cutoff? (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
I'm curious what the cutoff was for a state rank in eco's

I got 96 and that didn't cut it and I feel like 98 is too high so my bet is on 97, can someone confirm preferably if they state ranked themselves?

snow1

HSC
Hi friend,

I got 97 in economics and did not receive a state rank. I also heard someone from NSB got 98 and did not receive one either.

Hope this helps!

tmkarp

HSC
Strange, I got 97 in eco and did get a state rank. How do they calculate it exactly?

iStudent

HSC
Hi friend,

I got 97 in economics and did not receive a state rank. I also heard someone from NSB got 98 and did not receive one either.

Hope this helps!
Probably because your mark was 96.5 (which rounds to 97) when the cutoff was 97. Did you get 96 and 97 exam/assess? (or something similar)
You likely misheard. Maybe 98 was only his exam mark (not HSC mark)?

Strange, I got 97 in eco and did get a state rank. How do they calculate it exactly?
Someone told me that if 2 students receive the same HSC mark, they use the essays as the tie-breaker. Maybe this could be another reason why?

snow1

HSC
Probably because your mark was 96.5 (which rounds to 97) when the cutoff was 97. Did you get 96 and 97 exam/assess? (or something similar)
You likely misheard. Maybe 98 was only his exam mark (not HSC mark)?

Someone told me that if 2 students receive the same HSC mark, they use the essays as the tie-breaker. Maybe this could be another reason why?
I more than likely misheard, and my assessment mark was 96. Damn that's a bummer if 97 was state rank mark :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)