Economics Topic Order? (1 Viewer)

shona99

HSC
Hi all,

My school began with Topic 3- Economic Issues as the first topic. Im curious to know what topic you learnt first in term 4 as my teacher is unsure as to which topic (either 1 or 2) she is to start with us upon returning to school. Did your school do it this way too?

Thanks in advance!

marxman

HSC
Our school is going by the book so far...
Apart from Topic 2 in which some texts/schools choose to cover exchange rates before moving into Balance of Payments.
I find starting with Topic 3 a bit strange, considering a lot of the content is sort of tied into previous topics and the preliminary course.

mreditor16

HSC
Hi all,

My school began with Topic 3- Economic Issues as the first topic. Im curious to know what topic you learnt first in term 4 as my teacher is unsure as to which topic (either 1 or 2) she is to start with us upon returning to school. Did your school do it this way too?

Thanks in advance!
Most schools teach the syllabus in order. However, a handful of schools teach Topic 3, Topic 4, Topic 1 then Topic 2.

shona99

HSC
Our school is going by the book so far...
Apart from Topic 2 in which some texts/schools choose to cover exchange rates before moving into Balance of Payments.
I find starting with Topic 3 a bit strange, considering a lot of the content is sort of tied into previous topics and the preliminary course.
Yes, I'm going through external stability before we cover it when we go back to school and I see especially CAD is linked to BOP and all that so I definitely agree that is strange, thanks for letting me know what you're doing!

Most schools teach the syllabus in order. However, a handful of schools teach Topic 3, Topic 4, Topic 1 then Topic 2.
Well that's definitely not what we're doing haha, thanks for that insight though!

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
My school started with 2 and now we're heading into 1 with some other topics on the side.. really weird.

shona99

HSC
My school started with 2 and now we're heading into 1 with some other topics on the side.. really weird.
I guess its because everything is linked. Ah well, one week till school now (for me anyway lol)

swagmeister

HSC
I even know a school that does Topic 4 first, then 3, 1, 2. Don't really get the logic there.

The only thing that I like changing around from the syllabus is introducing the concept of supply and demand fairly early in the preliminary course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)