Economics (1 Viewer)

ledzeppelin

HSC
Just wondering what people think about Economics
Like, whats involved, level of difficulty, what you learn, etc.
Thinking about doing it next year

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Eco's alright, kinda boring. If you like commerce you'll probably do better in eco. the year 11 course so far is pretty basic. Good easy subject with little studying for me.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
yeah, business = easy eco

coroneos

ledzeppelin said:

it is the easiest + bestest subject in teh hsc!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Honestly, coroneos. You have to learn how to shut up.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Jago said:
Eco's alright, kinda boring. If you like commerce you'll probably do better in eco. the year 11 course so far is pretty basic. Good easy subject with little studying for me.
not true.. economics is a subject that the topics go really fast through.. i think business studies goes a little slower pace than economics..

i did economics because i was 3rd in the year in commerce.. but this was not the case in economics..

i guess its what you think.. how was commerce (this) year??

Wovle

HSC
Im wanting to do it next year, though only 10 or so people are interested, and we need 15-18 :( Its all that hard, its basically mathematical formulas, and Ive been told you only need to be doing 2 Unit General maths to do it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
you dont even have to do maths. If you know how to figure out percentages and add and subtract then bingo!

its not about mathematical formulas at all. Check out the textbook and you will see a very different story.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Sarah168 said:
you dont even have to do maths. If you know how to figure out percentages and add and subtract then bingo!
So its like a harder general maths

:)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
its not even like general maths, ive only come across like, what, 3-4 formulas, and they're just percentages and adding and subtracting, like sarah said... eco's fairly easy, i find it boring at times, but i have the attention span of about 2 seconds so... i only have 6 people in my class, which makes it easier for the teacher to work individually with us. Basically, if ur into money, interest rates and some other stuff then u'd be interested in doing eco... ultimately it's your decision though.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
ledzeppelin said:

fairly difficult when you 1st start ( its a compltely new sub .. diff to commere and everything from junior years)

i say ( this is a personal comment lol) that it is hard to grasp, intially the concepts and if you are like me you will give up. i think it is fairly difficult but not as difficult as ext maths for instance. to see what you learn speak to a teacher at your school or grab a textbook, also check out the ecos forum here at bos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)