ECOP 1001 essay (1 Viewer)

korry

HSC
N/A
How's everyone going with the ECOP essay?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
done. 610 words....bahhh. Oh please let me scrape a P for this...hearing about uni marking has officially terrified the wits out of me :(

korry

HSC
N/A
yeah i know its a bit scary....whats the marking like for Political Economy? Our tutors are marking these rite?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yah tutors are marking and form what I hear on these boards, Darren marks the hardest? i dont know for sure though

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Haven't started yet. I've been reading and summarising part 1 of the textbook so I can have a wealth of knowlege to use at my disposal.
Will do it tomorrow night.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
lol havent most people read and summarised part 1 of the textbook anyway considering we're up to week 4 of the lectures? :p

korry

HSC
N/A
Will it matter if we don't use references?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
"It does not require significant knowledge of economic theory, nor extensive use of other references". My tutor said that the main point of the assignment was to test your critical reading skills and writing skills as well.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
It apparently is up to your marker to decide the importance of references.
I'm not exactly up to date atm: too much shite on in my life.
I'm trying to catch up now.
I'm nearly up to date with ecmt. Waaay behind in marketing (but i understand everything that's being taught). And haven't even started revising for industrial relations.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
It apparently is up to your marker to decide the importance of references.
I'm not exactly up to date atm: too much shite on in my life.
I'm trying to catch up now.
I'm nearly up to date with ecmt. Waaay behind in marketing (but i understand everything that's being taught). And haven't even started revising for industrial relations.
ditto, cept for the ecmt bit

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I really hope I'm doing this correctly. I've managed to show how much the writer of the article bullshits in it using factual references. He also, in my oppinion doesn't prove anything just makes lots of assumptions.

I'm hoping my critical analysis of it isn't too analytical. I'm assuming they expect most of us to agree with what is said, but I'm agreeing but taking his arguments to another level by proving and disproving certian things he said.

I'm hoping for at least 8/10 on this essay, but I've got a feeling its not that great.

I'm finding it surprisingly difficult. Have been doing it for about 4 hours now

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
sounds like youre doing an excellent job cosyoure being critical, critical thinking is the key for this one. im worried i wasnt critical enough, or at least not detailed enough in my criticisms

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you're always critical.
Like today in ir: "This is boring". And you were handing in your ecop thing later that day, so I'm sure it absorbed that criticism.

Furthermore, you made the best call today:
"I changed my ture. Now I've got a hard one"

hehehhehe hard one. penis.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
correct grace :)

Besides they are asking you my views about the arguments put by the author. If i disagree with them I can't exactly lose marks.
You don't have to agree with everything if you can back it up with evidence.
Well, I would think that the subject would be pointless and bland if everyone just agrees as well. I've heard of famous right vs left wing battles in tutes. I'm finding ecop slightly skewed left. I doubt the right wingers will fail this task as they have no 'social conscience'.
Anyway i dont even know what im rambling about. way too tired. just finished revising for my ind relations tute tomorrow. havent read the reading but skimmed the text book.
I hate time constraints.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
indeed i am. tig is better in a giant auditorium. his space sparkles oh so much more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)