Ecop1001 (1 Viewer)

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Yes. But. How's everyone going with that mini-essay.
<_<
>_>

(I've had a shamefully useless week off.)

Love Frank though, he's so win.

CurlyRuby

HSC
Mini Essay's done...just hope I've done a vaguely okay job of it. Now just to sort out my bibliography.

PS: Frank=champion of the world.

That is all.

CurlyRuby

HSC
Yayy for nearly being done. Oh and IHPF...yayy for >1000 posts!

CurlyRuby

HSC
I think it's at least 2 sources other than the newspaper article.

CurlyRuby

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
Excellent.

Now to proof read it, blah
Blahh indeed.

Does anyone know, what's the correct way to reference a chapter of a book, like by the one author, but if I only used two chapters? Do I reference it like a book and then just put the chapters I used at the end, or reference it kinda like you would for a chapter from an edited collection?

So much confusion!

KarmaKitten

HSC
I'm not sure.

Reference it like a book, then put the pages at the end? p20-p50? or something

I'm not sure at all. This is my second year and referencing still confuses me. I always need the guide. It should tell you in the guide.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
If the book is all by the same author, just put the whole book in your bibliography and put the page numbers you're citing in the in-text reference.

CurlyRuby

HSC
Triangulum said:
If the book is all by the same author, just put the whole book in your bibliography and put the page numbers you're citing in the in-text reference.
But I didn't in text reference it! I just used it to give me some background info. Arghhh referencing kills my life.

HSC
I think technically if you don't actually reference the text directly in your essay, it isn't meant to go into the bibliography, even if it was part of your general background reading.

The easiest way to get around this is just to put another reference into your essay somehow :)

ledzeppelin

HSC
could someone explain what we're actually meant to be doing in this thing?
i'm a bit confused :uhoh:

edit: it's the "political economic questions" that i don't get

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
yeah it is a bit vague isn't it.

i'm pretty sure that "political economic questions" means the questions from the textbook i.e. what is happening, why, who gains/loses, etc. so we should be discussing those questions in relation to the chosen article.

what i'm not sure about is whether we need to refer to the article in the essay or just focus on the issue that the article demonstrates? i'm hoping the latter.

CurlyRuby

HSC
runoutofsleep said:
yeah it is a bit vague isn't it.

i'm pretty sure that "political economic questions" means the questions from the textbook i.e. what is happening, why, who gains/loses, etc. so we should be discussing those questions in relation to the chosen article.

what i'm not sure about is whether we need to refer to the article in the essay or just focus on the issue that the article demonstrates? i'm hoping the latter.
That was my main problem with this assignment, the vagueness.But I think maybe it was intentionally vague? Like to give us lots of room to work with. I've referred to the article in my essay, as well as other sources, but I've tried to use those references to demonstrate the issue.

I hope that clears it up a bit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)