ecosystems at risk dilemma (1 Viewer)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i'm so confused with ecosystems at risk. If they ask a question on vulnerability should i use my ecosystem which i studied ( great barrier reef) or in general talk about any ecosystem.??

Last edited:

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
If they ask a question on something general on ecosystems Eg.
" Assess the vulnerability of ecosystems"
You would talk about vulnerability in general and bring in examples from your case studies.

They can also ask you about vulnerability in your specific case study ecosystem. Eg.
"Assess the vulnerability of TWO ecosystems at risk you have studied"
And this is where you talk specifically about the vulnerability of the great barrier reef and another ecosystem

tee

If you get a general question on ecosystems at risk for vulnerability you would first talk about
what are ecosystems and the dynamic equilibrium;
how they are subjected to change ie, natural and human induced;
define vulnerability;
explain how this is linked with the resilience of the ecosystem and how this correlates to classifying an ecosystem at risk.... etc.

To illustrate you answer use the knowledge you have from your case studies to make examples. You will definately need your case studies in an HSC answer.

Finish your essay with a summation about how ecosystems are vulnerable and what it is that makes them so.

it might be an idea to raise the need for protection and management strategies so that the rates of change dont exceed the ecosystems ability to respond to these changes (resilience)

hope that helps :)

Last edited:

tee

here here, use your knowledge otherwise whats the point in studying it for a term?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)