Education or Pharmacy (1 Viewer)

AlanDo

HSC
Hey guys,

I have been offered Pharmacy at USYD (Early offer E12- Ipad + $5000 first year), but I've heard the current and future job prosperity is low. This leads me to consider education (Bachelor of Secondary Education/Science - UNSW), however I have to wait for 2nd rounds. Should I take the offer of Pharmacy or change my preferences to Education at UNSW?:confused2:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hey guys,

I have been offered Pharmacy at USYD (Early offer E12- Ipad + $5000 first year), but I've heard the current and future job prosperity is low. This leads me to consider education (Bachelor of Secondary Education/Science - UNSW), however I have to wait for 2nd rounds. Should I take the offer of Pharmacy or change my preferences to Education at UNSW?:confused2:
Remember you'll have to be able to predict what the job market will be in like 5 years once you graduate to make the best choice.

I'd really recommend you do something you like, but pay some heed to job prospects. Remember there are jobs for it, you'll just have to be good enough to be able to be hired.

So... yeah. For you, can you see yourself doing Science/Secondary Education? Do you have a passion for it? If not, I think you'll struggle motivation-wise.

deadserpant

HSC
pharmacy is good in terms of jobs if you have a business or know people who can get you a job at their owned pharmacies.

mcapuano

HSC
Over the five years to November 2017, the number of job openings for Primary School Teachers is expected to be high (greater than 50,000). Job openings can arise from employment growth and people leaving the occupation.
Employment for Primary School Teachers to November 2017 is expected to grow strongly. Employment in this very large occupation (155,200 in November 2012) rose slightly in the past five years and in the long-term (ten years).
Primary School Teachers have a below average proportion of full-time jobs (69 per cent). For Primary School Teachers working full-time, average weekly hours are 41.1 (compared to 41.3 for all occupations) and earnings are above average - in the seventh decile. Unemployment for Primary School Teachers is below average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)